This makes me happy. Lots of packages to be delivered to my customers and TWO packages coming next week to me. Woot!
I am moving more quickly through the rest of the egg orders and this makes me happy and excited. Both to get to people on the wait list, but also because I am getting closer to sitting down at the torch without an agenda. And getting to the point where I can designate one or two nights a week to working with metals and/or making jewelry again.
I saw these guys up in a bucket truck when I ran to the welding shop for more stainless steel rods to cut into mandrels. It made me so very thankful that all of the strike duty training I went through a year and a half ago in Dallas was never put to the test and I didn't have to get out in a bucket truck or climb telephone poles!
Sometimes I think my Little Horse looks as big as a wolf all sprawled out on the floor. I love that I can see his speckled, freckled skin, even if it is because I gave him a shoddy haircut. And need to finish it because his haunches have grown so long that now I have to shave his rear end. Trust me, you don't want details.
I saved a chipmunk from Henry this morning. The poor thing was most humiliated as Henry carried him around the backyard upside down by his TAIL. I opened my office window to yell at him to drop the chipmunk and then took off running through the house and then the backyard to make him release the frightened creature. As I was running, I thought I should have grabbed my camera to take pics because Henry really did not want to drop the poor guy. But I was more concerned about freeing the chipmunk from the impending torture Henry would have delivered in his attempt to play (because Henry is not a hunter and does not kill the creatures, he just bats and bites in play as they try to run away and then tails or feet are hurt and then there are tears).
You haven't met Jezebelle yet. She is a hard one to photograph because she is ALWAYS moving. So the pics are ALWAYS blurry. Jezzie is the biggest sweetheart ever. Last night I brought Little Horse into her room (she's quarantined until Sunday when she can be released in the house) and she just purred and purred and headbutted him the whole time. He just sniffed her and then ignored her after he laid down next to me. I can see Jezzie walking on top of him and then curling up for a warm nap! And no, she isn't winking at me. Jezzie only has one eye. The other was removed after the vet's office (where someone left her!) was unable to treat her eye infection through meds.
Tomorrow I am going white water rafting with my friend Tabitha and four husbands from my street. Get the feeling the majority of the wives are content with less adventure and more of having their feet on the ground? :) It is going to be such a FUN day and I can NOT wait! This is the first time in about ten years that I have gone white water rafting. I used to go once or twice a year in my late teens and early twenties. I have missed it.
Check out this bracelet that Lorelei made with my eggs!
So what's on your weekend agenda? Resting? Adventure? Productivity? I wanna hear!
Oh, and don't forget about my BOGO 1/2 sale going on in my jewelry shop through the end of the month! :D





5 comments:
Sweet, white water rafting! I have never gone, but my aunt use to when she lived in Phoenix. If I didn't have to camp I would love to try white water rafting.
This weekend is starts tonight by taking photographs of inventory, want better pictures. Tomorrow is working on the torch while mom saws out pieces to enamel and Sunday is a massive enameling day.
I hope you have a blast rafting! Great pics of your babies!
Take care and have a great weekend.
Oh! Beautiful new addition to the household! I LOVE tortoiseshell kitties. We had one for years named Nicki. Enjoy!
Warmly,
Leslie
No exciting, or even moderately interesting, weekend plans for me :-( But white water rafting is something that I've so enjoyed a long time ago. Have fun!
We had a cat named Walter who ruled the roost in our house. He used to come in at winter time and push and prod our old dog Bob into a comfortable warm bed. If Bob moved, he would get out the claws and make him settle back into the nice warm bed. Really, truly, they were good friends. Oh and he had no ears. They had to be amputated because of skin cancer. Unusual looking but lovable.
Parents in town so we hit Disneyland yesterday...shopping today and BBQing... I think your new addition sounds like she'll fit right in! I'm sure she'll end up snuggling right up to LH. Our GP used to have kittens hanging all over him...curled up in his food dish and dripping off his ears! They're a stoic breed :)
Hope that you had a blast playing in the water.
This weekend. Wish that I was having a respite from labor but we are moving on Saturday.
Post a Comment