Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

BeadFest Loot

I didn't buy too much while I was in Philadelphia.  In fact, I think I spent more money on food than I did on beads or supplies.  Which was expected.  Cas looked at me like I had two heads when I told her I had no plans to buy much before asking me in an incredulous voice "So, um, why are you going?"  Well.  I was going so I could hang out with my friends for the weekend.  :)

Here is what I did buy...some lovely red creek jasper on the right and some unknown stone on the left.  I love the colors of both.

I bought these awesome ceramic beads from Diane Hawkey.  How sweet are those little birds???

Not sure how I will use these wonderful toggles from Melanie Brooks of Earthenwood Studio, but I will find a way.  For now, they will sit on my desk and be gazed upon every day. :)  It is rare when I get to hang out with other bead artists, but having dinner out two nights in a row with Diane and Melanie makes their beads and toggles so much more special to me.

Then I bought this little pillow bead from Patty Cahill of Dyed in the Fire.  Like other beads from lampworkers that I have purchased, it will sit on my studio table for inspiration.  I love the colors.  Patty has a great knack for choosing the perfectly muted color combinations, yet still be bright and cheerful.  Her technique is awesome and I have admired her work for years.

I also bought some wire, but you'll just have to wait to see what my plans are for that.  Soon.

Thank you all for your support on taking a break from eggs and the wait list.  Your encouragement and kind words mean so much to me.  And I am so excited to be trying out new techniques and directions. 

5 comments:

Erin Siegel said...

Ah...I would be the same as you Kelley! I would be there mostly for the friends, too! I know so many of you jewelry and bead artists that were there. But, all the beads would be a great bonus, of course!! I would definitely buy mostly from the bead artists if I had the money. I better start saving up some how for next year!

Mellisa said...

You're such a lucky duck to have gone! I would have been the same...a few treasure purchases and much more $$ spent on being there!

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

It looks like you had a blast! I love the photo of you :)
I love those toggle clasps from Melanie Brooks. I have been meaning to snag some from her shop, just haven't gotten around to it yet. That pillow bead is to die for - I love the shape and colors!!!!
I can't wait to see where the new techniques and direction takes you! It is going to be a fun ride!

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Oh I didn't see those toggle clasps from Melanie...those are awesome! And of course the 'pillow of dreaminess' bead as Nancy named it from Patty Cahill is beautiful! Hope it provides for lots and lots of inspiration. :)

Diana P. said...

Love the bead from Patty Cahill. It always amazes me every year how much money I spend and yet how little the bead haul actually is. Maybe it's because with each year I go, I pick better quality stuff? I don't know, lol!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails