Isn't this pendant gorgeous? I just love it and have been saving it jealously for months. Ever since my trip to Philadelphia for the 2009 BeadFest.
Lorelei was pushing me to expand my horizons and so.....I bought my first art bead ever. Funny that I make art beads, but I have never bought or used anyone else's in my work. But now, just look at Marsha Neal's gorgeous pendant! Also check out Marsha's Etsy shop.
I used it with some of my other favorite components. Like this square, sterling toggle clasp, wooden triangles, faceted jade rondelles (also purchased at BeadFest 2009!) and my Atlantis Blues lampwork beads.
I am really pleased with how this necklace turned out. It is the first piece of jewelry I have made in a long, long time. Many moons. Over a year of moons. But my kitchen table has become mine again and I'm itching to create new pieces. I have all these supplies just staring at me, begging to be used.
Buy it here :)
6 comments:
Beautful necklace! I love Marsha's stuff and have been hoarding some of it myself. Maybe I need to follow your example and dig into my hoard ;-)
I too have a bunch of that girl's stuff around here (hehehe) and I must have that bug too (maybe it's the new books I've been looking at) because I'm planning on dedicating one or two days next week to making finished jewelry... Something I rarely ever do!
Thanks you guys!!! Wait until you see some of the newer decal pieces... I'm dying to get a kiln fired this week so I can play with them next week... (ahem - along with some of the cool glass art beads from Kelley!)
I don't blame you for hoarding that pendant. It's gorgeous.
I've been wearing the necklace all day long and I keep catching myself holding onto this pendant. I just love the texture of it!
That looks FANTASTIC!
How did I miss this post?! This necklace is gorgeous!! Nice work :)
Post a Comment