I need to make more of these beads. Yes, it is a need. I feel it and I know that I won't sleep right until I make more.
I just love the deep sapphire blue.
Great variations of earthy colors in the raku speckles over my blue beads. I bought these white turquoise ovals in Tucson in February 2008 during the big gem and bead shows that invade the city each year. That was the first time I ever went (and sadly, only time. so far). I was amazed at how the city was transformed by bead shows upon bead shows. They took over entire hotels, with bead vendors turning individual hotel rooms into temporary storefronts.
I went way overboard in buying supplies and spent twice my budget. But it was so worth it. I got such great deals. Much better than the deals of the traveling bead shows that come through Atlanta each quarter. So almost two years later, I'm still working my way through those supplies.
I had never seen white turquoise before going to Tucson. I love how it looks. I love the crackles. And I love it paired with my lampwork beads and the AB finish Swarovski crystals. This bracelet is patiently waiting in my shop for you.
3 comments:
Absolutely stunning beads Kelley! I love white turquoise! And you're right...it looks great with your beads!
Beautiful work! And I'm SO JEALOUS that you got to go to Tucson. One of these years I'm going to make it...
Beautiful! I love the contrast of the colors...
Post a Comment