Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Silver in the Fire

I had fun playing with silver this weekend. I haven't done this for months and had forgotten how therapeutic it is to burnish the sheets of silver onto the ivory and then stick the bead into the flame to watch the silver melt away.

This is the smaller focal bead.

After melting in the silver (it's a foil sheet, but don't let the word 'foil' fool you. it is 99.999% pure silver) over the ivory, I melted a bit of transparent pale aqua over parts of it before fully encasing in clear.

Here is the larger/taller focal.


I also put dots of clear on the ivory before melting in the silver, so patches of ivory would show through....

I really like these beads and the sun helps show them off wonderfully :) It was my last day of sun for awhile.
Hurricane Ida is set to hit Alabama and Georgia overnight, making for a rainy Tuesday and rainy/cloudy Wednesday. Glad I got in a little photoshoot :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are incredible!!! I love that set of rounds!! Very nice work :)

Silver Parrot said...

Really beautiful! Keep dry from all the rain!

Unknown said...

The rounds got scooped out of my Etsy shop within a coupla hours of being listed last night :)

Anonymous said...

I love these silver beads :) Love, Mom

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails