I finally got the Iodine beads in my Etsy shop. It only took me a week to do it. I also got these, these, these and these listed tonight.
I started up a fan page on facebook at www.facebook.com/kelleysbeadstudio/ for folks who are more into facebook than blogs. I plan on hosting giveaway contests on there, too.
My birthday is coming up in just over a week and I'm trying to get it together in my head of what I want to accomplish over this next year. How much more can I ramp up my beads and jewelry business on top of working full time and taking care of my children. What projects can I complete around the house by myself (like building shelves for the boy child in his room, expanding the floor space and adding shelving in the attic, replacing bathroom faucets and tiling). Do I really want to get that tattoo I've been contemplating for the past year. I dunno. I did a test run with my favorite Sharpie and felt it might be a little too large/obvious.
The Grandparents are arriving in six days and it is not soon enough. We LOVE having them here and never feel like we get to spend enough time with them. The kids can't wait because they know they will soon have the ever-loving snot spoiled out of them.
There are ten days left until Todd and I leave on our five day cruise to Mexico and back. We're still undecided about even getting off the boat this time. We may just spend every hour sleeping. Don't get all huffy or excited that I'm being indecent. We're an old married couple with two young children who steal our sleep on a daily basis. When I say we intend to sleep 15 hours of every day, there's a 99% chance that is going to be reality. The other 1% will be for the day we sleep 17 hours.
The week is closing in quickly for me to get more beads made and listed before we leave. I'm feeling the pressure. I need to get crackin. First step was listing those Iodine beads. I plan on leaving both shops open, but will update the announcement to show purchases will be mailed out on Monday the 23rd.
So. Five days. No kids. Peace and quiet, but no torch. I plan on bringing several books to read to make up for the rest of the year when I have no time to read. Contemplating bringing my macbook. Yes, my beloved macbook that I've only had back in my hands for a month. Because it has Photoshop and Lightroom on it and I really want to learn how to use both of them better. More so for family/kid pics than bead pics. Although PS has come in handy for downsizing/depixelating pics to meet Etsy's size requirements.
I'm waffling. Should I bring it? Should I not? I'm leaning more towards the Not. I love my macbook. After being without it for a year, do I really want to chance having it stolen in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico? Or feel the pressure to tote it with me everywhere I go when leaving our shoebox of a room? Like I said, I love my little macbook and would sleep with it under my pillow if I could. Anyone out there have any opinions on bringing laptops on cruises? I don't have any plans on connecting to the internet while we're gone as it is SPEEEENNNNN DEEEEEEE.
I am looking forward to tomorrow morning and watching Todd play in the ALTA (Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association - it has over 80,000 tennis members, so it's the biggest tennis org in the ATL next to USTA) city playoffs. I don't often get to see him play tennis because it's hard to watch if I bring the kids (read as Kelley is running her butt off to keep them contained) or I am reluctant to splurge on a babysitter. But tomorrow, I'm splurging. I love watching Todd play tennis. He's a great player with awesome sportsmanship. I love that he is fair and he treats his opponents fairly.
Ok, I am rambling now. Just wanted to share about getting beads listed in my Etsy shop, my facebook fan page, going on vacation, getting input on cruising with a laptop and sharing that I get to watch my honeys play tennis tomorrow. Later in the weekend will be a trip to IKEA. Need to get the boy child a new bedspread to fit his bed. He's excited.
5 comments:
1st-as an old married woman, i am totally jealous of the sleep time.
2nd-take the laptop. you will want hands on playing after reading your books and it will help it all click. hide it under your pillow ;)
3rd-i so completely understand the dillema of trying to contain children. feel free to dump them off on me anytime. the distraction for my children to have someone to play with is worth more than what you'd pay a babysitter.
oh, and 4th-get the tattoo! i want a mother's knot on the back of my neck as soon as i can justify the money :)
A cruise! I too am soooooo jealous of the sleep you'll be getting! I'll miss you though! :) And I say get the tattoo! I want one of Lilys name...not sure of a design but when we have extra money I will definitely come up with something :)
Have a wonderful vacation. People as busy as you all are deserve a nice relaxing cruise.
I think I'd leave the laptop at home. It's good to completely unplug for a while and a cruise sounds like the perfect time to do it.
Post a Comment