This was the majority of my vacation on the cruise boat with my honeys. Lounging in a comfy chair on the top deck, reading a book. I swam in SPF 50 before leaving my room, so I'm not any tanner than when we left last Monday. But it was so nice to get away and just relax.
Relaxing like this was in order for hours every day as we refused to take the elevator and were 8 floors down from the restaurants. Sixteen steps in every flight and climbed up at least five times a day made for a couple of huffing and puffing adults with sore knees. :)
We got off the boat in Cozumel and walked around for a few hours. I LOVE how blue the water is around this little island!

I liked this little window in the stone wall outside the seaside restaurant we ate lunch at on Wednesday.

This was the view. Pretty awful, huh? I should have gotten much better pics before we left because it was phenomenal! The waiter was funny and teased me that my carne/beef burrito was actually made from donkey. He brayed and hawed just like a donkey. Crazy Mayans!

We had awesome sunsets with an early-rising moon. We were in port in Cozumel, parked right next to another cruise ship in this pic. I think every room had their private balcony.

It was really nice being able to wear tank tops. Outside. At night. :)

I was playing with the remote to my camera and snapped this shot :) How I love this man

I wonder if the crew ever gets tired of blue skies and blue water. I don't think I'd let myself take it for granted.


The getaway was much needed. I'm grateful we had a wonderful set of grandparents willing to come to our house for the week to watch and love and spoil our children. I'm thankful we had the means to make this trip happen for the second year in a row. Thankful for blue skies, time to read as much as I wanted and time to catch up on sleep.
Come Friday morning (the last full day on the boat), I was filled with nervous energy. I wanted to run and run and run. I wanted to be home when I blinked my eyes. I wanted to kiss and hold my kids. I was ready to be with my family again. Todd felt the same. Five days was more than long enough, but much enjoyed.
Relaxing like this was in order for hours every day as we refused to take the elevator and were 8 floors down from the restaurants. Sixteen steps in every flight and climbed up at least five times a day made for a couple of huffing and puffing adults with sore knees. :)We got off the boat in Cozumel and walked around for a few hours. I LOVE how blue the water is around this little island!
I liked this little window in the stone wall outside the seaside restaurant we ate lunch at on Wednesday.

This was the view. Pretty awful, huh? I should have gotten much better pics before we left because it was phenomenal! The waiter was funny and teased me that my carne/beef burrito was actually made from donkey. He brayed and hawed just like a donkey. Crazy Mayans!

We had awesome sunsets with an early-rising moon. We were in port in Cozumel, parked right next to another cruise ship in this pic. I think every room had their private balcony.

It was really nice being able to wear tank tops. Outside. At night. :)
I was playing with the remote to my camera and snapped this shot :) How I love this man
I wonder if the crew ever gets tired of blue skies and blue water. I don't think I'd let myself take it for granted.

Come Friday morning (the last full day on the boat), I was filled with nervous energy. I wanted to run and run and run. I wanted to be home when I blinked my eyes. I wanted to kiss and hold my kids. I was ready to be with my family again. Todd felt the same. Five days was more than long enough, but much enjoyed.
3 comments:
two words for you.
So.
Jealous.
glad you got to get refreshed!
LOVE the pics! my favs are your feet in the lounge chair and the one of you looking up sunning :)
Oh it looks awesome! You got some great photos...I love the one of the window, the table, the palm and the one of you in your tank top..at night! :) Glad you had a good time...and glad you are home!
Post a Comment