Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Big Rings

I pulled out my large mandrels the other day to make a coupla rings. I attended Amy Holms's class on making glass toggles in March when I was learning how to climb phone poles.



I had problems with making the toggle bars, but the rings are pretty cool. They would make for easier components for others to use either as part of the clasp or focals. I want to make more and may use them as part of a giveaway to see what others come up with in their own designs



4 comments:

Gardanne said...

Great rings Kelley, its challenging turning those thicker mandrels. Your edges are nice and rounded, I am still working on that part.

Unknown said...

Very cool!!

Silver Parrot said...

Cool rings! I like 'em!

Unknown said...

Thanks Anne. It's always nice getting feedback from another lampworker. I just watched Heather Trimlett do a demo on her large hole disks a couple of weeks ago. She reminded me I need to move slower to get those nice edges on the big mandrel.

These rings are going to Lorelei for free since she won my Facebook contest last night :)

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails