Last Thursday I disappeared to Orlando for the day. This was the sunrise that welcomed me at the Atlanta airport. Gorgeous, no? I was greeted by 83 degree temps in Orlando at 10am and left shortly before 5pm with 85 degree temps. Oh, how I wish I could have bottled them and brought them home with me!
It was a most excellent day for me meeting the account team that I work with, as well as my customer. All were super nice folks and it was great getting to put faces with voices. I also got to spend the afternoon with my boss, which I really enjoyed. If you met her, she would only say that we work together. Good people all around!
Friday flew by and before I knew it, it was Saturday morning when the kids and I drove up to North Georgia to pick up my friend Tabitha and her two boys. We went to an apple orchard/farm so the kids could have fun picking apples off the dwarf trees and we could be nickel and dimed paying for funnel cakes, hot dogs and little rides.
Ok, the pig races were free. Boy were they a hoot to see those little furry, pink bodies hauling tail around the little race track to get back and eat their treats. I had no idea hungry pigs could be so noisy, but they made a racket while locked in the shed waiting to start their race. They had spray paint down their backs so everyone knew which pig was the fastest.
On our departure, the boys took off running and I chased after to get them to stop before getting to the parking lot. In my haste, I tripped and ran nose to knees for a good fifteen feet before I lost complete balance and landed with scraped knees and elbows. The only thought running through my mind during that long fall was "Please don't let my camera break. Please don't let my camera break. Please. Don't. Let. My. Camera. Break." Thankfully, it was ok, although the lens cap knocked loose in the fall. Strangers helped pick up all of the scattered apples, but my dignity was gone and I had a hard time looking anyone in the eye. It was a shame Tabitha had her hands full, otherwise she likely would have got it on video. I'm sure I was a sight to behold. :)
Saturday I drove to the Southern Flames meeting and this is the beautiful sunset that lit my way. Heather Trimlett was in town for weekend classes and gave a demo on one of her gorgeous large holed disks made from a ginormous twisty she made....too cool!

3 comments:
bwah hahahahahahah! Oh man. I fell once. It IS quite embarrassing. I hope you are healing up quickly! GEEZ!
Sounds like a nice day overall though!
Looks like you guys had a blast (except for the fall that is LOL). Beautiful sunset shots too!
it was the longest fall i've ever witnessed. thankfully you weren't hurt and more importantly your camera was okay :) we had a blast!!
Post a Comment