Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Lucite Challenge



My friend Sarah challenged me to make beads like these. I think these turned out pretty well. I'm not sure what the process is for making lucite beads, but with glass I had to build in layers starting with clear.



Then I dippled a rod of clear in my bordello frit and started winding it around the core of clear. Bordello is a striking glass, so I had to first cool the beads and then reheat them in the flame to turn the Bordello from light yellows into the burgundy red before I could add more clear over the top.

What do you think Sarah? Do these pass inspection?

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Those are beautiful. I love how the colour sits inside the bead.

Unknown said...

They came out beautiful!! I love how the color swirls around inside the clear! Now to think of a name...

Tabitha W. said...

pretty, pretty!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails