I like these beads. They have different appearances, depending on the vantage point.
It is this mirrory, reflective surface combined with the deep brown and smoky swirls that gives them a bit of a haunting feeling. Like they are more than just little beads. Like they know something or have stories to tell.
Yes, I realize this makes me sound like a nut. My beads don't normally speak to me. Or give me weird feelings. But these do.
5 comments:
I'm really drawn to their shapes and colors too (like minds right?!). They really do remind me of some insect eggs...
Would love to have some for my own... want to trade some pieces (just a thought)...
I just love these! Really beautiful stuff! And I also love that when I come to your blog that song Sara Smile is playing :)
They are beautiful-I feel like I can reach out and touch them.I am learning so much about lampworking from your blog-it's very labor intensive but the results are stunning.
Hi Marsha, I'd be up for a trade. Just let me know if you want this set, or a different number of beads and I'll make new ones for you!
Thanks Sarah. And the song was chosen with you in mind when I was making this singer/songwriter playlist :)
Thank you quiltingjewel. :) I have so much fun playing with fire to make these beads. Unlike anything I have ever done before in all the arts/crafts I've tried. The dremeling/cleaning of the holes is tedious, but an important step. That mud is toxic and not something you want sifting out onto your skin once it is made into jewelry.
Kelley, these are stunning. I love them, the colour, the shape, everything about them. Oh, and I believe that my pots and beads talk to me all of the time. Or maybe it's just the squirrels on the studio roof?
Post a Comment