Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Friday, October 9, 2009

New Egg Beads and Background Tiles


It only took me a week to get the remaining two tiles out of my car that I bought last weekend with the two slate tiles. I don't remember what kind of stone the bottom left tile is, but the upper right is a black granite. I wasn't expecting the reflections, even though it is glossy. But I really like how it reflects the beads in close-ups.

I really like the color of these beads AND on this new tile. But for the egg shaped beads, I think I really prefer to have opaque frit swirling around inside. The transparent frit like this blends together, so there isn't much distinction between the clear and the transparent glass. Still pretty, but I will focus my attention on the opaque frits with the egg beads.

I LOVE this royal blue. Since this is darker than the blue above, there is a little more distinction between it and the clear.

I like the reflection of the beads on the granite.

Especially in this picture! This is a better glimpse into the beads (one of them, anyway!) of how the colors are layered and swirled together throughout the egg.

The tile is reflecting the blue sky, so it doesn't look as black. But the colors in the beads stayed true. Again, I really like the reflection. I wasn't sure how the pictures would turn out of my beads when I bought the black granite. I've had problems with black backgrounds in the past where they reflect too much light and throw off all the colors (very likely due to the fact that I have no idea yet how to adjust the white balance on my cameras).

And here are the same beads on the white background. Previously, you all said you really liked the slate tile as the background. I worried that the slate detracted from the beads and their colors. That it was perhaps a bit too busy and didn't allow the beads to stand out. What do you think? Is the white just too blah and over-used, or still a good complement to be used with the slate and/or granite backgrounds?

It was a bit sunnier when I took the pics on the white background, so in comparison, the beads on the slate look rather dull :(

5 comments:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

I LOVE the way the black granite turned out! But you know..I am extremely disappointed with the photos your new camera is taking...HAND IT OVER!!! :)

Andrea Pirkey, Jason Powers said...

I really like the sixth picture a lot, looks almost like the beads are floating :)

Unknown said...

No way, Jose. I'm not handing my camera over or out of my sight! I almost started hyperventilating on Wednesday when I let Wendy use it to take pics of her baby....and I was right next to her ;)

I agree about the beads appearing to float. Good angle combined with the reflection of the sky on the granite. It wasn't intentional when I took the shot, but will try to duplicate going forward with new sets!

Tabitha W. said...

love the beads on the granite! the actual beads and the photographic effect. i would probably use the slate for brighter contrasting beads such as blues and violets so that the bead don't blend too much into the background and lose their focus.

Quartz Floor Tiles said...

I would like the granite tiles as the background..

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails