Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Of Mice and Men

Last night I was in the midst of an Etsy listing frenzy when Todd came barreling down the stairs and breathless into my office.

"Honey! You've got to come upstairs! Now! There's a mouse! In our bathroom! Quick! Go get it!"


Hello Little Mouse.

I see you in there. That corner doesn't hide you.

Ahhh, there you are. My, what little ears you have! You're lucky Tiger wasn't here, because you would have been toast. Feel fortunate it was my big bumbling Henry who caught you and just wanted to play.

Here's a little carrot as a parting gift. Take it with you, if you want. Or eat it before you leave. Now shoo. Go find another backyard to explore. Without three or four cats.

My husband was thankful I caught the mouse so he didn't have to check into a hotel last night. :)

We are a good fit for each other. In many ways, we are very much alike. We like the same artwork, architecture, interior design and most music. We share the same religious, parenting and political beliefs. But when it comes to intruders on the homefront, we go our separate ways. I catch all the snakes, lizards and rodents. Todd handles all the large insects and spiders. I love my husband for that.

7 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so NOT the critter catcher in our house. Ewwww.

Indian Creek Studios said...

kind of cute, isn't it? It would not have faired so well in my house, all my cats are huntresses, or at least they think they are. Also have a couple of snakes who would dream snakie dreams about your friend there :0)

Tabitha W. said...

what a cute little mouse! he wouldn't have survived 2 seconds in my house though. tweety shows no mercy. i've gotten braver with bugs since having my macro lens, but i still reserve the scorpions for the hubby. i can't even kill them, i get so freaked.

Mari said...

Kelley you have made me laugh a lot!!!

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

I like the catch and release policy... The field mice around here often become play things of our two cats... They are indoor cats, so they don't really get the killing part (thank goodness) but they will swat the little things around if we can't get them out in time...

I think the mice have smartened up though and stay to the garage anymore... Birdseed must be kept in metal tins or else we find seed stashes all over the place out there...

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Such a cute post!! :)

Lori P said...

So so so impressed. Jeff and I are both chickens. We usually go for a broom.

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails