We made a very long drive from Atlanta to Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina last night. Tomorrow I will walk down the aisle of a church before my best friend from the 8th grade walks down to exchange vows with the love of her life. My Chloe will be the flower girl.

It wasn't long before Mary and I were the best of friends after she moved two houses down the street from me right before 8th grade started. We were inseparable for years, sharing countless laughs and tears. We had fun reading books, listening/singing to music and watching movies together into the wee hours of many weekends. Mary will tell you I fell asleep before many of the movies ended.
Her family became my family. We went on family vacations together to Myrtle Beach in the summers. Stories of walking into sliding glass doors still bring tears to our eyes from laughing so hard 15+ years after the fact, even without replaying the video that caught at least the sound of it happening.
Mary helped me see who my real friends were, although that wasn't her intention at the time when we were in the middle of a fight that somehow touched dozens of our classmates in the 8th grade. She is my memory for so many things that happened between us, our families, with our friends or our teachers in school through the end of high school.
She keeps me honest and doesn't allow for pity parties, yet she is compassionate and forthright. She is a healer and helps many with her gifted hands. She is passionate. She loves her family and her dogs. And she loves Brandon with all her heart.
Mary, I wish you the best! I am honored to share in this special day with you.

It wasn't long before Mary and I were the best of friends after she moved two houses down the street from me right before 8th grade started. We were inseparable for years, sharing countless laughs and tears. We had fun reading books, listening/singing to music and watching movies together into the wee hours of many weekends. Mary will tell you I fell asleep before many of the movies ended.
Her family became my family. We went on family vacations together to Myrtle Beach in the summers. Stories of walking into sliding glass doors still bring tears to our eyes from laughing so hard 15+ years after the fact, even without replaying the video that caught at least the sound of it happening.
Mary helped me see who my real friends were, although that wasn't her intention at the time when we were in the middle of a fight that somehow touched dozens of our classmates in the 8th grade. She is my memory for so many things that happened between us, our families, with our friends or our teachers in school through the end of high school.
She keeps me honest and doesn't allow for pity parties, yet she is compassionate and forthright. She is a healer and helps many with her gifted hands. She is passionate. She loves her family and her dogs. And she loves Brandon with all her heart.
Mary, I wish you the best! I am honored to share in this special day with you.
4 comments:
A very special honour indeed. Enjoy yourself and I'm sure you will create even more cherished memories.
How special! All the best your bff!! :)
Oh, how wonderful is that! Have a wonderful time at the wedding!
Friendships like this are so special...hope you have a great time at the wedding and best wishes to Mary!
Post a Comment