Today was a long day and normally simple tasks took much longer or were just extremely difficult. But this convo back from one of my Etsy customers totally made my week!
Kelley llegaron mis hermosos beads!!!! me encantan, estan bellos. Muchas gracias. Esas bellezas solo pueden ser hechas por alguien que le pone mucho empeño y cariño. Okay now in english!! I got my beautiful beads!! I loved them, they're beautiful!!! thank you so much!!! A beautiful thing like that can only be made by someone that puts a lot of effort and love into making them!!!

I was a little confused at first because I don't speak or understand Spanish (in spite of two of my cousins being from Puerto Rico and being fluent in Spanish). The language is on my mental To Do list of things I want to learn within the next year. But she translated it and it was the best! Now I re-read the Spanish and wonder if I'm pronouncing the words correctly. What would her voice sound like in person if she was speaking them to me? I imagine they would sound more beautiful than they look in writing.
Thank you, Mari. You totally rock and I'm so glad you love your beads!
Kelley llegaron mis hermosos beads!!!! me encantan, estan bellos. Muchas gracias. Esas bellezas solo pueden ser hechas por alguien que le pone mucho empeño y cariño. Okay now in english!! I got my beautiful beads!! I loved them, they're beautiful!!! thank you so much!!! A beautiful thing like that can only be made by someone that puts a lot of effort and love into making them!!!

I was a little confused at first because I don't speak or understand Spanish (in spite of two of my cousins being from Puerto Rico and being fluent in Spanish). The language is on my mental To Do list of things I want to learn within the next year. But she translated it and it was the best! Now I re-read the Spanish and wonder if I'm pronouncing the words correctly. What would her voice sound like in person if she was speaking them to me? I imagine they would sound more beautiful than they look in writing.
Thank you, Mari. You totally rock and I'm so glad you love your beads!
2 comments:
Kelley eres un amor!! ... you are so sweet!!!
sabes? es muy cierto lo que dijo Pericles, nuestro legado no es lo que esta plasmado en monumentos sino lo que dejamos grabado en la vida de otros... tus beads han dejado su huella en Puerto Rico!!!
You know something Kelley, it is true what Pericles said, our legacy its not engraved on monuments but what we leave engraved in the life of others... your beautiful lampwork beads have left their traces in Puerto Rico.
My Aunt Gail was the one who taught me how to melt glass several years ago. Recently, hundreds/thousands of beads were found along the Georgia coast that were hundreds of years old. We talked about the longevity of those beads and wondered would our beads be lost and then found by future generations hundreds of years from now. What would the beads say about us? Would the finders be able to learn who made the beads? Will they look much different from the beads being made at that future date/time?
I don't know the answers to those questions, but I try to content myself knowing that in the here and now, my beads do sometimes elicit oooohs, ahhhhhs and an occasional SQUEEEEEE that was left on my voicemail this past Spring by another customer. These are the things that really keep me going
Post a Comment