Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Monday, December 6, 2010

My Weekend Recap

We started off the weekend with my Mom's birthday celebration.  Of course my kids were right there to help blow out the candles.
  
Saturday morning we went to the meet and greet for the boy child's new indoor soccer game.  It is on a basketball court inside a Presbyterian church gymnasium, so it's smaller than a normal soccer field and the ball moves fast.  The boy child is very excited for this indoor season to start and can't wait to live an breathe soccer again each week.  We are thankful they will not be holding practice, so that's more time together for us as a family.

Chloe asked if she could take my picture.  How cold do I look?

When we got home afterwards, I pulled all of the Christmas decorations out of the attic.  The kids couldn't wait to put together the tree and were big enough to everything but the top.  The girl child is wearing her Santa dress from last year over her other clothes.  She is my little fashionista.

Saturday night I took the boy child to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra to hear Handel's Messiah.

We got the cheap nosebleed seats up in the balcony.  I had hoped my boy would be as enchanted with the music and the singing as I am, but he was bored.  I think he may have been more interested if we could have sat closer and he could have seen the instruments being played.  Perhaps not.  He fell asleep during the last 30-45 minutes of the performance (and missed my favorite part!) and wasn't willing to go backstage with me afterwards to speak with one of the musicians.  He had been a champ all night using his manners, being quiet and generally on his best behavior.  I couldn't bring myself to force him into staying longer and took him home.  When asked if there was anything he liked about the evening, he replied "The brownie you brought for me to eat during intermission."  I love his honesty.

Today we met my friend Cas at the Chattahoochee River and walked along a trail through the leaves and always within sight of water.  I was well bundled and didn't have to whine about the cold (because I freeze when it goes under 85F/30C) and truly enjoyed this time out with my honeys, kids and friend.

I like this shot of Cas.  She's not a real photographer.  She just plays one on tv. ;)

I'm not sure if it's possible for siblings to get through a day without arguing, whining or intentionally irritating each other, but we had a banner time with lots of fun and even cooperating when standing in front of my camera.

They both had to bring special leaves to show me throughout our walk.

So many cool things I saw.

We even found a few caves that the kids had fun running into and playing in, climbing the rocks and hiding to jump out and yell "BOO!"

Before dinner, we walked up to the tennis courts with Little Horse.  It was still very cold, but such a gorgeous day!

Sunday afternoons are normally quiet at the tennis courts, so if they're empty we can close and lock the gates and then let Little Horse off his leach to run.  He had so much fun running, as did the kids.  Here's my little fashionista again.  I don't dress like this now, but I made very strange clothing choices as a child.  Apparently this runs through our blood.

I filled up the kiln last night with beads to use in filling a couple of custom jewelry orders.  Which means I will be sitting down and making jewelry one evening this week so a few lucky ladies will hopefully be surprised and very delighted come Christmas morning.  Not sure which nights I will be on the torch, but I definitely want to have new items to put in the shop this Friday night!

I hope your weekend was just as wonderful as mine, only warmer.  Unless of course you love the cold and snow, in which case please keep all of the cold and snow to yourself and I will smile knowing you are happy.

9 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Your pics are fantastic! I wish I was there!

Stephanie said...

I love your last picture with Little Horse and the children. It is so Happy.

Mellisa said...

OMG, those clothing choices are absolutely the BEST! I love when little girls put together "creative" outfits...she's just missing a tutu :)

Tabitha W. said...

this whole post makes me smile! and i'm pretty sure no matter how awesome i thought a concert was, the brownie would be my favorite part too ;)

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Thanks for sharing your weekend! I loved the pictures especially the last one with them running - they all looked like they were having a blast. Your daughters outfits are the bomb!

Courtney Breul said...

I love all the pictures! With my daughter, I finally reached the point where as long as she was "weather appropriate" it was ok. Love the last picture with your pup. He is in the air!!!!!!!

Gardanne said...

I love the flying Little Horse and your daughter's wardrobe. I love snow and will keep it.

Lori P said...

The pictures are SOOOO gorgeous - I'm especially loving the one of running on the tennis court. Adorable.

sandra elizabeth york said...

Kelly,where did you go for a walk & how do I get there? It is beautiful!!! Would love to go!!!
Sandiandmartin@yahoo.ca

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails