Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday Randomness

I am so glad the weekend is almost here.  I am hoping to finish framing some prints that arrived this past week and anxious to get them up on the walls.  Perhaps my family room will finally get finished since we moved furniture around several months ago and it will feel like home again.  And then I can take pics to share with you.

Today is my Mom's 60th birthday.  I hope the new decade brings her many blessings and her health.  Her 50s were not the kindest batch of years and I am thankful they are over for her.

Tomorrow night I am taking the boy child to the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra to hear Handel's Messiah.  I can't wait!  It has been several years since I have been to the symphony and I have missed it greatly.  I think Owen will really enjoy the performance.  If he's not too tired by the end of it, I would love to ask if we can go backstage and meet some of the musicians.  On a completely different note (ha! I'm so punny), I want to go back to this beach and enjoy the warm temps.  Like now.

This past week has been productive on the homefront for me.  I have tied up loose ends that have been giving me dirty looks for weeks.  Maybe even months.  I replaced the light bulb over our shower that was a real bear to get into the light fixture.  I replaced light bulbs in the ceiling fan in the garage.  I put in the last dozen screws on the new deck and moved furniture back in place.  I got even more junk out of my office and studio space and am pleased that I have been able to see my floor for a whole week!  I replaced the battery in the garage door opener on the wall a coupla weeks ago, but finally got around to resetting it with the wireless signal so I no longer have to use only the opener in my car.

I am hoping to get some time on the torch this weekend.  I have quite a few jewelry orders to fill in time for Christmas presents and need to get them done in the next week.  I wish these were still outside my office window, but all the leaves have fallen to the ground.  I'm ready for some warm weather again and we've only had one frost!

We will be getting the Christmas decorations up inside the house tomorrow.  Perhaps the lights will go up outside in the front yard.  Christmas cards are still on the possibility list.  I never did get around to them last year.  And the 2008 cards got mailed in July 2009.  You can see I'm not on a good trend.

I have walked 1.5-2 miles every night for the past week.  Little Horse is loving this and panting less at night.  Woot!  A lot of homes are already decorated or have lights out.  One night over this next week, I want to bring my camera with me to get pics.  When I'm walking at night, I have noticed Orion is low in the sky and watching over me.  I love Orion.

Wishing a Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish friends!

Don't forget, my shop will be updated tonight with beads, headpins and EGGS!

!I hope you have a mahvelous weekend!

10 comments:

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

I love the pictures of yourself - cool. Happy Birthday to your mom! I am with you and the beach, I would love to be warm right now. I have a stack of stuff I need to do at the house, but you are a much better person than me, I just keep putting them off. I just wished the house fairies would turn up and do my household list for me, but so far no luck. Have a great weekend!

lunedreams said...

you so cute.

Lori P said...

LOVE the pictures! Happy birthday to your mom and enjoy the symphony.

P.S. Your photos make me want a camera REAL BAD!

Silver Parrot said...

I love the pics. I think you should use the colors in that leaf pic as some inspiration for your torch time!

SummersStudio said...

Busy girl! It must feel really good to get some of those little jobs done. Our dogs are also much better with long walks. Actually, so am I. Love Orien, my favourite constellation. In Australia Orien was upside down. I kept thinking his sword would fall out.

Enjoy the symphony. I haven't been in a long time either. Need to put that on the priority list.

rosebud101 said...

You've really been busy, haven't you? Have a great weekend and take some time to relax.

Tabitha W. said...

yes, that's all well and good buuuuut....did you dust the light and window sill over your entry way? i won't be impressed until you do ;)

p.s. you really are adorable!

Pretty Things said...

Aw, such awesome photos!

Barbara Bechtel said...

i love orion too :)

Lorelei Eurto said...

Love the pics of you! So fun!
Happy Birthday to your momma!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails