But I'm so glad it is Tuesday already! It was so wonderful having a loooooong weekend. I got so much done and feel rejuvenated and ready to take on the week.
I was supposed to drive up to North Georgia on Saturday for a kids photoshoot, but the 50% chance of rain scared us into rescheduling. So we ended up driving to another part of North Georgia and went to the outlets. I got a new backpack from Pottery Barn that was on sale. It will replace my old green one that I bought ten years ago right before we went on our honeymoon. Hopefully this one will last just as long or longer. I also got some great deals on t-shirts and jeans at the Eddie Bauer outlet. Nice to have jeans again that don't have holes in the knees or back pockets.
Sunday we drove the kids down to my Dad's and he kept them until Monday afternoon. He spoiled them rotten with lunch at McDonald's, Lord knows what for dinner/dessert, pancakes and whip cream for breakfast, a horse-drawn carriage ride, a Memorial Day parade, candy and dozens of Silly Bandz. Todd and I enjoyed a peaceful house, a Japanese dinner out with friends (I got to hold their newborn!), a night on the couch watching Lonesome Dove (I never saw the movie before, but I loved the book). I sheared Abbie and Little Horse. I could NOT believe the amount of hair that came off of him both with the clippers and continued brushing afterwards. It was insane! Abbie wasn't very patient with me, so I will finish her sides and belly another day.
Think she looks very happy with me?
And I went through the girl child's dresser drawers and pulled out all of the 4T clothes that no longer fit her. Amazing the space that was cleared out!
I also got many hours on the torch yesterday and made 19 new eggs. There was one casualty that had to be thrown out. Boo Hiss!
I really like these dark seagrass green eggs. I have never etched this glass before and am pleased with how it turned out.
How was your weekend? Did you relax or get a lot done?





5 comments:
We traveled and so came home to sooo much to do. Why am I sitting here instead of getting it done? Huh? I'm thinking it's because I love looking at your eggs:-).
Oh my goodness...Abbie might have been made...but that second picture is AWESOME!!!
Your eggs are so wonderful! I am half tempted to get more!!!!! Love the red and green!
Hahahahaha! Jessie just found the shaved cat photos. lol I'm sure she's cooler. My hat's off to you for being a brave mommy. Not so sure I'd chance it with Oreo.
bwahahaha! LOVE abbie's face!
Post a Comment