My friend Tabitha made my day yesterday. She sent me a text that said:
You're famous! I'm reading over the summer events at the library and I see Kelley's Beads is doing a demo :D
I hadn't really talked to anyone about this besides Todd, so it was a surprise that she knew. I'm not good at self promotion and feel weird talking about lampworking to others. Similar to my faith, I keep lampworking to myself unless asked about it. Because who wants to be known as the girl who can talk about nothing but glass? Or Jesus? Both are important to me (however, in the opposite order), but that's the introverted side of me that prefers to stay quiet. And private. I don't like others who try to force feed me their beliefs, food or hobby. I won't do it to others.
Funny, considering I have a blog that is about pretty much nothing but glass and my beads. Blogs are safer. I will assume any unlike-minded and uninterested individuals won't come back. So if you're here, you must like my beads a little, right? :) You'd think it wouldn't be difficult for me to say "Come out and see me!" But it is. I have issues.
Anyway, I am rambling. I'm short on sleep and long on work hours (yes, and it's barely even Wednesday on a four day work week). I will be at the Woodstock public library on July 14th at 10am EDT. Which reminds me, I need to work that out with my back-up at the real job! I will be set up with a little portable torch to show how I melt glass and make beads.
Here are more ivory/brown/teal eggs that I made on Monday. They all got scooped up, so I'll have to make more if you're getting closer to the top of the wait list. I just love that teal in the midst of the whites and browns on the ivory.

3 comments:
Love the reactions happening on those eggs.
I too tend to minimize what I do, but I have noticed that having the shop and the blog is gradually pulling me out of my shell a bit.
Marketing is something I am working on too, baby steps.
Baby steps, indeed. But at least we are taking them...
i never understood or appreciated lampworking until i met you...especially after you threw me on the torch! you should share your craft, it is truly a gift :)
Post a Comment