Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Counting Down the Days

Only four work days left and then I'll be on the road with my kids to the North.  I can't wait!  I LOVE roadtrips and I look forward to this vacation all year long when I see my in-laws, relax, roller blade, fish, bike, enjoy good cooking and ice cream in a neighboring town.  It is a week or more of downtime to de-stress, unwind and restore my soul and renew my motivation for many different aspects in my life.

The weekend was good.  Ran a ton of errands, got a new and functioning dremel bit, cleaned out eggs and then got them etched, photographed and listed.  Yesterday was a fun day with my Dad after he drove up and we took the kids to the big neighborhood pool with a twisty slide.  I'm sure we all slept good last night after two hours in the sun and water.


I am almost completely caught up on egg orders, which feels good to know that's all done before I leave.  If new names come in, then they will get worked when I return from the north country.  It has been a good two months of a solid wait list ranging from four to ten names.  I was stunned.  Wow.  You guys were so incredibly patient and awesome and appreciative and kind.  This was a fun run and I am thankful for all of your encouragement and kind words or feedback. 

Look closely below and you will see new colored speckles on the eggs.  I especially like the greenish speckles on that top, right ochre egg.  Must make more of these when I get back!

Here are more nuggets that just landed in my shop.  This is the same combination as on the ivory/brown/teal eggs you all seemed to like so much.  I may need to make one more set, but in a different shape before I get this combination out of my system.

Not sure if I will get many posts set up in advance for next week while I'm gone, but I'll try.  I will definitely post pics from the roadtrip once I arrive in Minnesota and have a reliable internet/wireless connection again.

I hope you had a great weekend!

5 comments:

SummersStudio said...

All the eggs are wonderful but those black ones really are quite divine.

TesoriTrovati said...

Goodness. But those top eggs are calling me softly!
I will get on your list when you return from the North.
Have a safe and happy trip!
Enjoy the day.
Erin

Unknown said...

These are delightful! Love the black, etched ones.

Judy said...

Call me if you come close to St. Louis. I'll bring you your dancing dogs! Have a great, safe trip.

Karyn said...

Ohhh I seriously need to stop looking at your blog as I keep seeing more and more eggs I want! I love the coloured specks on the pale blue eggs... sooo pretty.

Please stop teasing me!!

Karyn

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails