Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Friday, April 9, 2010

We Have a Winnah!

Although I did hear much begging and received a few threats "IT DANG WELL BETTER BE ME!" from a few, un-named friends (I am envisioning them shaking their fists at me right now).....I couldn't bring myself to rig the contest.   There is a lot of loot at stake here.  One and a half pounds of beads, people!  That is serious business.  :)

I have been excited all morning about finding out who would win.  The Random.Org site had to wait a little longer because I was driving the kids across town and back.  On Fridays when there is no school with the strict 7:30 start time, we treat the kids to Dunkin Donuts.  I'm sure their camp teachers are loving us this morning with them jacked up on sugar.  I got a glazed doughnut, but it only re-inforced for me that I just need to stop buying doughnuts for myself because they no longer taste as good to me.  I have silently been following a handful of bloggers for several months who have eliminated sugar from their daily life and I do feel better for it.

I truly enjoyed reading all of your comments and literally laughed out loud.  Cindy's was my favorite.  She has such enthusiasm which always brightens my day, but this comment has had me laughing every day since she posted it!
OMG! I just died and went to heaven girl! And I'm not a beader - BUT OMG Imagine the possibilities of combining these with my silver!! OMG OMG OMG..

NOW... I don't feel right doing this on YOUR blog... but my absolute FAV blog... in the whole world... is Keirsten Giles ~ cerebraldilettante.blogspot.com OMG she's so talented and funny ... omg FUNNY...sometimes I pee myself!!


Thank you all for taking the time to leave the names of your favorite blogs and Etsians.  It took me a few hours last night, but I got them all in a list and verified names/addresses.  Since there were 99 different blogs noted and 68 shops, I will be doing two posts to keep them separate.  Out of 153 commenters, 32 of you name Lorelei's blog as your favorite.  She was also the top favorite shop.  I do owe her big thanks for alerting so many of you to my giveaway and will be sending Lorelei her own goody box of beads for being at the top of the list of favorites for blogs and shops by leaps and bounds beyond any other blog or shop named.  Yay Lorelei!

But enough of my morning and other ramblings, you folks want to know who is the Lucky Winnah!  So here you go.

Count with me folks.  Twenty two was easy.  Not too far down on the list at all.  When I count down to commenter 22, I get to Nicole Campanella of Beadwright.

Congratulations Nicole!!!!
You are the winner of all these luscious beads :D


19 comments:

Pearl and Pebble said...

Congrats Nicole enjoy!!!Most excellent giveaway Kelley:)

Kella said...

Well after reading all that, I was sure to see me as the winner and had my acceptance speech all thought out and everything......

Ah well, CONGRATES Nicole, you are one lucky gal.

Karyn said...

Oh that is awesome. Nicole will be so happy - she is having a rough time at the moment so hopefully this will give her the lift she needs.

Thanks again for offering such an amazing loot!

Karyn

TesoriTrovati said...

You are most excellent Miss Kelley. And what a haul. Nicole is one lucky girl! Enjoy the day! Erin

Unknown said...

Nicole, I'm a comin over.....

DVArtist said...

Just minutes ago I read Kelly's email to me asking for my mailing address. Then I spent 10 minutes in such happy disbelief that I almost fell over from heart palpitations. LOL just kidding. I can not be more thankful,happy,excited,thrilled exhilarator,delighted,ecstatic,and
overjoyed. I am on cloud nine. As I wrote to Kelly it is very close to my birthday so this a fantastic.
Now that you know how I feel,:) Kelly, thank you so very much for your sweet way and you incredible generosity. Karyn is correct when she says things have been a bit tough for me and this just blesses my heart and again reaffirms how wonderful all of my blogging friends are.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Nicole/Beadwright

roseworksjewelry said...

Wow oh wow - congrats Nicole!

Unknown said...

Congrats to the winner! What an awesome mix of beads she's getting! WOO!

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Kelley, So pleased to meet you. Nicole asked for her friends to stop here to see your blog, and wow, it's fantastic! I just became one of your followers.
Also, I'd love to say Congrats again to Nicole! Awesome giveaway! I hope that you have a wonderful day.
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi

Jan said...

Congrats to Nicole who sent me here today. Someone ought to check on her later today, make sure she hasn't expired from the excitement of this win!

Impronte said...

So Nicole...now you have a lots of beads...perhaps too much beads!!! If you don't have time to use them please contact me!!!!
I'm joking!!!
But I take this opportunity to invite everyone who loves beads to the INTERNATIONAL SWAP that I organize in my italina blog!
http://impronte-gioiellifattiamano.blogspot.com/2010/04/apriledolce-dormire-no-tutti-svegli-e.html
Congratulation Nicole and a big kiss to Kelley!

Belinda Saville said...

YAY Nicole! What a wonderful and timely gift, I couldn't think of anyone more deserving :-) I know you will create many beautiful works of art with these many beautiful beadies! Congrats, my friend :-)

Thank you for an amazingly generous giveaway, Kelley!

Higgins Design Studio said...

I guess it was meant for Nicole to get the beads to lift her spirits. That makes me feel good knowing it!
I am fairly new to following your blog, but I am loving it! Thanks for your wonderful self!

Esther said...

congraaaaaaaaaaaaats!!!lucky girl!!! and thank you kelley!!

Gaea said...

Lucky Gal! Enjoy! Bead in good health!

Mellisa said...

Congrats Nicole, I can just imagine the fun you'll have with all those goodies :)

Barbara Fernald said...

Congratulations Nicole! We're all jealous!

Unknown said...

I LOVE all the goodwill aimed at Nicole for being the winner of this giveaway! You guys are the absolute bestest :D I couldn't ask for a better group of blog friends....and a kiss from Italy....my days don't get much better than this!!!

Cindy ~ said...

Ahhh dang! I was all excited thinking ... IT'S ME!! (She didnt ask for my address because she has it from orders!) ... But... I'm happy For Nicole... She will surely use them where as I would simply toss them on the bed and roooolllll on them and feel rich in my wealth of beads! :o)

Off to play with some clay! :o)

Cindy~

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails