Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Popped Kiln

Here's a glimpse at the beads that came out of the kiln yesterday afternoon.  The morning was so busy with Easter baskets and church I completely forgot to run into my studio to check my kiln for all the beads I made on Saturday afternoon/evening.  Can you believe that?  That's not like me at all.  Especially considering I had the time to play around with new colors and techniques!

And this little guy kept a close watch over me while I was taking pics.  He'd fly up close to get a better view and then dive bomb any other insect that flew remotely close.  He chased off the other bugs and let me shoot in peace.  Wasn't that sweet?

I'll have posts up later this week with more pics and information on the individual beads that I made.  I'm really excited about those blue swirly nuggets in the middle.  I used a faux-boro technique for those and am pleased with how they turned out.

If you haven't already, don't forget to check out my GIVEAWAY for one and a half pounds of beads.  You just need to leave a comment about your favorite blog or Etsy shop on the giveaway post.

5 comments:

lunedreams said...

they look delectable! yes i see some deep blue in there and a vivid blue green. can't wait to get a better look! your little bee thought you were making flowers and he wanted a sip!

Pearl and Pebble said...

They look yummmyyyy! Great picture of the bee!

Andrea Pirkey, Jason Powers said...

Those beads look great! We had the same type of bee in our studio today because the door to the outside won't stay closed unless we have something like a 2x4 keeping it closed so he managed to get in early this morning when door was open. He stayed by the light closest to the torch :)

DVArtist said...

Kelly I see a lot of beads in my business and I will say that even on photos I am very impressed with your beads. Lovely in all manner.
And the bee is good medicine.
Have a great day
Nicole/Beadwright

Unknown said...

The big bumble bees are really amusing me this week. They constantly hover around our patio and back deck.

Awww, thanks Nicole!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails