Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Weekend Eggs

Last weekend went by quickly.  Torch time came and went on Saturday.  It was sucked up by a surprise three hour nap on the couch and a bad stomach ache.  But Sunday afternoon brought a successful session at the torch. 

I made a bunch more of these pearly green nuggets.  One set is reserved for Tari of Pearl and Pebble.  The other is up for grabs.

I also tried making some robin's eggs.  I made them in varying sizes and shapes, as well as with different colored speckles.  I like how they turned out and am excited to get back on the torch to make more in different base colors that might not be so bright.

I also made several clear hollows.  One of them is permanently attached to a robin's egg.  I'm still gnashing my teeth over that.  So there are no photos of the hollows.  Yet.

8 comments:

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Kelley, they are beautiful. Do some people just buy beads to hold them in their hands and look at them? I think that's what I would do:-).

lunedreams said...

those are the coolest! love that color, and the speckles give them extra charm! can't wait to see the hollows.

Pearl and Pebble said...

OOOOOOhhhhh beautiful Kelley! And I would like to answer the question from Thy Hand Hath Provided: YES!!!YES!!!YES!!! And I hear that is perfectly normal and acceptable behavior:)

Pearl and Pebble said...

Oh and love the new look!

DVArtist said...

Wow these are really pretty. Like your banner too.
Nicole/Beadwright

Unknown said...

Love love love those blue ones! Such beautiful work as always!!

Silver Parrot said...

Yay for the new template that doesn't attack my computer.

Yay for the new beads which are yummalicious - especially the robin's eggs. Lovin' those.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone! I'm excited to make more eggs. Although they were tedious to shape and keep their shape around the bead holes, it was a good challenge I enjoyed :)

I will try to get some of these blue eggs in the shop over the weekend!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails