Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Get Lathered!

My iMac is sick and is in the shop today.  Sigh.  So along with that, the list of favorite bloggers and etsians from my giveaway is off limits.  Tomorrow, I'll get them up.

But today, I wanted to tell you about one of my favorite Etsians named Rhonda.  She is the shop owner of Get Lathered.  Rhonda makes shampoos, conditioners, hand soaps and lip balms.  Her shampoos and conditioners are unique in that they are hard, just like the hand soaps.  They are shaped perfectly to fit in the palm of your hand.


Todd and I have used her Shampoo That Rocks for almost a year now and absolutely love them.  I saw her Conditioner That Rolls stocked in her shop last fall and have been using that ever since.  I have thrown out all of my other shampoo and conditioner bottles (or really just moved them to the guest bathroom) and haven't looked back.  Goodbye Aussie.  Goodbye Garnier.  Goodbye Aveda (gasp!).  Goodbye Suave.

Seriously.  

Love. These.

Rhonda touts them as being perfect for travel or to throw in your gym bag, but I love using them every day.  Love the smell.  Love how they lather and foam.  Love how good my hair feels afterwards.  Love that they last.

And her handsoaps.  Oh.  Her handsoaps. 

That circular cream and green one on the left is Spearmint Eucalytpus.  It is my absolute favorite!  Rhonda has a batch of that curing now, so it should be in her shop soon.  When we went to Arizona last month, there was nothing but Bath & Bodyworks soaps at every sink.  The scents brought back memories of when Todd and I first lived together.  We went on shopping sprees every weekend.  And we always had B&BW soaps at the sinks.  They smell so good.  But by the end of our week in Arizona, my hands were so dry and chapped.  I couldn't wait to get home and use my soaps that Rhonda makes.  In just two days, my hands were back to normal.  Yay!

And her lip balms.  I have gone through over a half dozen flavors in this past year and my favorite is Thai Coconut.  It is a mild scent, which is good for me because anything strongly scented tends to not go over so well with my nose or stomach.  And it is so smooooooooth!  I always have a tube in my jeans pocket to go with me.  How cute are these tubes?!

Rhonda is quick to ship, uses fun packaging, always includes a little extra something and above all else, creates excellent products & provides outstanding customer service!  I would love to see her set up for creating all these different products and a step-by-step picture journey of what goes into making these because, well, I'm just a nerd like that.  I love to know how things are made.  So until I get a personal invite to stop in on our way through Indianapolis this summer when driving home from Minnesota, I will just wonder.  And enjoy my shampoos, conditioners, lip balms and hand soaps.


*Dear FCC, neither Bath & Bodyworks or Get Lathered requested or paid me to blog about my opinions on these products.  So there.

6 comments:

lunedreams said...

now i want to get new soap!!

novel idea about the shampoo/conditioner bar! down with plastic bottles!!

Tabitha W. said...

hmmm, i am very tempted to try some of her products. tfs! and love the new blog look ;)

Judy said...

Nice spotlight, Kelley. I ordered soap, of course. ;-)

Pearl and Pebble said...

so how does that solid shampoo and conditioner work? just lather in your hands? i am intrigued!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, Judy! I'm excited for you :)

Tari, the shampoos/conditioners are half spheres. I hold them in my palm with the flat side down and rub it straight on my hair. It lathers up quickly if my hair is all wet.

Judy said...

I received my shampoo, conditioner, bar soap and a special surprise lip balm on Friday. I tried it all out Saturday after a full day in the dusty dungeon of a basement. OMG! I love all of it. And, now as a bonus, my bedroom and bath smell of Rosemary Mint, possibly one of my favorite scents! My hair feels great, too! Thanks again for spotlighting Rhonda!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails