Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sneak Peek at my Newest Beads

Really like these beads. They are a base of clear and swirled in Cezanne, which I did not melt in completely. My fingers really like to play with these!




Here is some of Brad Shute's StrikingColor glass encased in clear. This does such fun things!




More clear base beads, but swirled in Terranova 2 this time. These feel very industrial to me with their copper overtones and then purples coming out are an added bonus :)



And finally a worry stone that I am happy with the end result. I have been working on beads like this for close to two months now for a friend through work. She knitted TWO most excellent winter hats for me that I wore ALL winter and then some. She is not much of a jewelry gal, but her eyebrows raised when I asked if she would like a worry stone. This bead covers most of the palm of my hand and only one side is heavily encased in swirls so her fingers will know automatically inside her pocket which side of the bead they are touching. I hope she likes it!

3 comments:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

I love the new beads...very cool looking! I especially like the copper colored ones. A worry stone, neat idea...I need ten please! :)
Cas

Evie's Tool Emporium said...

Beautiful work! I love my worry stone! I broke the first one I received as a gift-it was a stressful time in my life! The one I have now is always in my pocket when I have casual clothes on! It's a wonderful idea!
Michelle-

Unknown said...

Thanks Cas & Michelle! I am really having fun making the worry stones, although they take considerably more time AND glass to make than my normal beads.

Twirling the idea around to make more to put in my Etsy shop, but not sure if they will get much love. I know my fingers really like the bumpiness of both the worry stones and the metallic beads above.

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails