THE RULES:
Rules of the game: Respond and rework. Answer the questions on your own blog; replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention; add one more question of your own. Tag some friends to keep the flow going, let them know they've been tagged.
THE QUESTIONS:
What is your current obsession? Paying off bills (including a car note!) to get closer to the point where I can say goodbye to corporate America and just melt glass all morning until my kids come home from school. I want it so bad I can taste it! Really, how could I not want to spend as much time as possible with these two cuties?!

What was the last thing you bought? These have really been a lifesaver in giving our oldest cat his twice daily hyper-thyroid meds. No more putting him in a head lock to shove the pill down his throat. Woot!

What are you listening to right now? I am really ashamed to admit this because I have never been a Miley Cyrus fan, but I love her song the Climb. I'm not at the point where I'm ready to post a picture of her on my blog, though.
Favorite vacation spots? We went here last November w/o kids & can't wait to go again!

Ocean Isle Beach, NC is a favorite for taking the kids along. We normally stay with friends I have known since the late 80s and have always felt like my second family.

Arizona has been one of my favorite vacation spots since my folks would fly me out there by myself ever summer as a child (LOVED those Delta flight privileges!) to visit my Uncle Mike & Aunt Gail.

And Minnesota is an annual vacation we always look forward to because we get to see Todd's folks and watch the kids have fun getting spoiled.
What are you reading right now? A Vince Flynn book that my Dad bought for me last summer, but it is slow going. The little spare time I do find is normally spent behind my torch. Come June, I'll have time to read when we're driving up to Minnesota & back.
What is your current guilty pleasure? After spending numerous 50-60+ hour work weeks taking training courses in preparation for being a field tech as a contingency assignment if our union had gone on strike, I bought an iPhone at the beginning of April. I think Todd is still grinding his teeth. He has wanted one for months, but must wait until August when his contract expires & can upgrade. I wasn't very interested in the iPhone until after he had talked & talked & talked about it. Now I think it is one of the niftiest things ever!

Where are you planning to travel next? Minnesota at the end of June. We'll spend a few days in Rochester with Todd's Mom and then head Up North (to Nevis) to spend time with Todd's Dad and his wife (the kids can't wait to be spoiled by Grandma Sharon!). This is my favorite part of the vacation...we can spend as much time as we want fishing on the boat, looking at the lilly pads or just chilling out doing nothing!

What was the best thing you ate or drank recently? I am so addicted to avocados and had them chopped up in my shrimp salad last night

What flower are you most anxious to see bloom this spring? My oleander bushes, but I'm worried they won't be coming back this year. We had multiple freezes that I think may have killed them. :(

Where do you get the most inspiration for your work? New color/glass combinations tend to lead me in many new directions & inspire new designs. I also get weekly requests from my kids to try new textures, shapes & combinations. As you can see from my glass cabinet, I don't have many choices ;)

Care to share some wisdom? Be happy with what you have because as my husband says, "the grass isn't greener on the other side. It's just different poop."
I've tagged:
Metallo Bianco
2ifbySea
glass & fire
6 comments:
Kelley, about those pill pockets -- do they work for capsules or just solid pills? Could you pinch one end closed, pour powder in, pinch the other end closed, and give that to a cat? Mr. Boots hates his Azodyl pill, SarahCat hates her Cosequin, and I'm looking for a better way to give both!
Julia, the pill pockets are already closed at one end, so I just pinch the top shut around his pill. We normally pour half of the Cosequin capsule into some canned food & mix that up (he needs all the help he can get gaining weight!), but it would be easy enough to pour it into the pill pocket & squeeze it shut, too. Hadn't even thought of that till you asked...
Hey, maybe we can meet up when you're here in Rochester!
Hi Heather, I was thinking the same and then second guessed myself after reading your privacy/internet blog post. But I would LOVE to get to meet you in person! :)
I've gotta get an iphone. fo sho.
hey, got your beads today. THAT WAS THE SWEETEST thing someone has done for me, and all I had to do was blog, for it! wow. you are the bestest. Thanks for the beauties. They'll be put to good use!
Yay Lorelei for a quick bead delivery! I sent them out Friday afternoon :) Can't wait to see what you do with them, although you're welcome to pass them along, too. They're yours to do with as you please!
I LOVE my iPhone :D
Post a Comment