Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Beads and Random Thoughts

Here are all of the beads I made on Sunday when I was rockin and rollin at the torch.  Eighty five made it through the cleaning process.  I had to toss two of them when the dremel either cracked a hole or split one open as I groaned.  I hate bead casualties.  They make me think about the time/glass that was suddenly wasted while making them.  Lots of purple nuggets.  More raku eggs.  And some teal and purple cubes with raku swirls.


I buy larger containers of heavy whipping cream than is needed to make the cream sauce for pasta so I can later drink out of the carton.  My actions are totally premeditated.  And I'm okay with that.


Here are the Raspberry Chiffon beads named by Pearl & Pebble in my November naming contest.  I finally got them listed here in my Etsy shop.  Finally.  At least I got the prize of free beads shipped out promptled to Ms Pearl & Pebble.


Dylan likes to sleep under the cypress trees in the backyard.  I suppose it is cooler under the trees where he has pushed aside the woodchips to lay directly on top of the mud.  I wonder what he is thinking as he steals a bag of my son's Pokemon cards to scatter over the backyard and he eats the plastic ziploc bag.  Or eats markers.  Perhaps he is another artist in the family.  His front paws are now black and teal from the markers he ate yesterday.


Our warm temps in the 60s from the weekend have disappeared and been replaced by gloomy skies and low 50s.  Come back 60s!  How I loved you so.


My husband and I had more fun than the kids when we toured the Alpharetta Police Station last week.  Although Chloe liked trying on the police vest and teasing the K9 with his tennis ball.  I was worried she was going to have her fingers removed as he snapped at the ball....the dog meant business!


These are my new favorite beads.  It was therapy squashing them into cubes.   I love the swirls of raku working their way up the bead from one hole and slowly turning into the transparent purple or teal.  Still deciding if I will make more of these in different colors.  I really like these jewel tones.


I made lots of purple nuggets and have two sets of regulars and two sets of etched to get listed.  I like both.  I think I'm nearing the end of my nugget phase as I have used most of my transparents.  I know I have another set of blues in me and perhaps another green set left to make.  But that may be it.  After that, I'll make them as special orders or when the mood strikes.



Cleaning out junk and re-organizing spaces makes me insanely happy.  This weekend my sister-in-law took away more of her boxes that were in our garage.  Then I spent and hour and a half trashing/recycling/reorganizing the garage on Sunday afternoon.  Now when I take stuff out to the recycling bin or need to leave the house, I get a big stupid grin on my face over the immense amount of space on the other half of the garage.

I wish my table saw had wheels or casters to make it easier to pull out and use.  I really need to build the shelves for Owen's room already.  The boy has stuffed animals and books all over one corner of his room.  I know it will only take me 3-4 hours to build the shelves and then another two hours to paint them, yet I continue to drag my feet.  Perhaps having a cleaner garage will motivate me to get out there and saw and nail away to get them finished.

My 25% off sale will end on Sunday.  After that, I think I will dismantle those bead sets to either make new ones or return the beads to my box of orphans.  Thank you to all of you have already taken advantage of this sale.  I hope you have gobs of fun creating with your new beads!

6 comments:

lunedreams said...

loving the purple nuggets!! the etched ones especially. the raku ones are luscious too! so many design options with a bead like that.

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

OOh! The Raspberry Chiffon are SO pretty. That picture of Dylan is too dang cute! And good to know that I am not the only one that gets extremely happy when things are organized. We are weird. :)

Pearl and Pebble said...

Uh-Oh I am REALLY liking those nuggets!!!!!And Dylan just wants to sleep on the bed. Are you letting him sleep on the bed???:D

Beth Anderson said...

They are all beautiful!
I think we're all suffering from cruddy weather. Hang in there.

SummersStudio said...

Your new favourites are mine too!

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies!

And Tari, the answer would be NOOOOO, Dylan is not allowed to sleep on the bed. Then there would be no room for me! He has actually shown no interest on getting up on our furniture....unlike our Boxer, who sneaks up on the sofa when we leave the house. She thinks she's fooling us.

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails