This was last weekend. We got three inches of snow Friday afternoon and through Saturday morning. It was a winter wonderland that Atlanta rarely sees. The kids loved it. We made a snowman as tall as me (which isn't saying much, considering I'm a shorty. but whatever).
And this was this weekend before lunch time. It got up to 65. Thank you Spring for giving us a taste of your warmth so soon after a snow and weeks of temps in the 30s and 40s!
This was a humongously tall tree outside the hospital where my Grandma landed herself this weekend. Apparently they didn't give her a strong enough antibiotic last Tuesday for her bladder infection, so she came back severely dehydrated and feeling all-around wretched. I love this tree. I do not love the smell of hospitals or their handsoap. I was reminded of this as the smells hit me before I even walked through the front doors. Hospital smells churn my stomach and amp me up for crisis mode. She was released this afternoon and is so very happy to be back home and feeling better. After I snapped this picture, I high-tailed it down to my monthly Southern Flames meeting and watched Caitlyn Hyde demo one of her special techniques. I also had the pleasure of meeting Mallory, also known as Rosebud101 at the meeting. She flew down to Atlanta for Caitlyn's class and came to the meeting. Don't ask me why I didn't pull out my camera to snap a pic of the two of us. By 9pm, my mind was really shot for the day and I just wasn't thinking. :( I was so excited to meet her and thrilled she was just as genuine and sweet in person as on her blog!
Here are the kids making good use of the box for our new ottoman (which I love!) that doubles as a fort and a grass sled. Mine are on the left, sporting their new soccer duds which they purchased earlier in the morning when Todd took them out to Sports Authority to buy the shin guards and soccer balls. They were so excited about their new gear they had to wear it all day!
These are the roses that Todd gave me last weekend for Valentine's Day which I realized this morning have been the cause of my allergies and complete inability to breathe for the last week. Dangit, I thought it was only lillies and other beautifully smelly flowers that shut down my nose and sinuses. So these are out on the back porch now. :( I'm slowly starting to breathe better, but I expect it will be a few more days before the house is cleared of their presence.
And yesterday, my husband was a love and let me sleep in while he took care of the kids. I made it until 8am before I got up, but that's a good hour and a half after I normally get up on the weekends. He took the kids out of the house and gave me loads of time to enjoy some peace and play with fire. Here are the 87 beads I made yesterday. I had the best time on the torch! The glass was flowing exactly like I wanted and new ideas were coming to me like they haven't in a long time. FUN!
I even got all of the beads cleaned & photographed today. Now I just need to go through and crop all the pics so I can share the beads with you and get them listed in my Etsy shop. Woot!


4 comments:
i see nuggets!!! and very cool plums and periwinkles! can't wait to see them all cleaned up. glad your grandma is better, they get so fragile when they get older and the hospital merry-go-round is no fun!
I love the kid-in-the-box pic! It's so funny we think that $$$ has to be spent on kid's entertainment and they are happiest with cardboard boxes and tupperware:) It warms my heart when I witness creative play! Love that vase of beads! Now that would be a most perfect bouquet wouldn't it?!?! Hope your grandma is feeling better. Mine is also in and out of the hospital all the time these days.Have a great day:)
What a clever post! Looking forward to shorts myself! Looks like the kids were really enjoying themselves! Who knows what will happen next weekend!
Michelle-
Beautiful photos! I am looking forward to Spring for sure.
Post a Comment