Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Nugget Beads

These are all of the nugget beads I made over the weekend.  I had fun playing with my ambers and topaz colors.  The lighter ones looked just like honey to me.  I etched this first set for a smooth, satin finish.

This is how they looked before they got etched.

Here are the green ones.  I used several shades of transparent green over white.  These were etched.

And these were not etched.  I think I like the green better un-etched.

I'm not sure if I will get any torch time this week after the kids go to bed. We seem to have plans on the calendar for every night. But I will definitely get time on the torch this weekend. I'm excited. I want to go through the rest of the color palette and blues are next on my list. :)

5 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I must be hungry.. because those first ones look like Indian corn to me and those last ones like peas! In any event, they are really yummy, and I love what Lorelei did with them. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy the day! Erin

Silver Parrot said...

I love the greens - and I agree, the unetched version is more appealing. Keep up the great work!

Beth Anderson said...

My 2 favorite colors - Green and Brown!
Lovely Kelley!
I hear you'll be back in August!
Looking forward to seeing you again.
:-)

SummersStudio said...

Oh, I do like that shape.

Unknown said...

Thanks Erin, I hope you have a great day, too!

KJ, I kinda thought you'd be digging the greens. Lorelei got them today and liked them all etched better. We both agreed the etched beads look more like sea glass.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in August, Beth! And I'm excited you'll get to meet my friend Cassandra, too :)

Thanks LeAnn, I do too. Think you'll start trying nuggets now? I could see them resting easily on either side of your new birds you have been making.

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails