Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Making a Glass Bead

Wendy filmed this for me in March 2008 when my studio was still out in the garage. Hence the cramped and messy space, but it was functional. I did not have a special filter on my camera (like the didymium glasses I wear to block out the dangerous rays from the flame), so the bead gets a little lost in the flame. If you had the same view as a lampworker wearing the glasses, you would be able to clearly see the glass melting in the flame. I hope you enjoy watching!



This is what I LOVE to do when my kids are sleeping or when I find free, alone time!!!

4 comments:

Heather said...

That's so cool!

Esther said...

kelleyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! thank you for sharing!! i can look this magical work.. during hours! so nice!!

Unknown said...

Heather, if we lived closer, I would sit you down at my torch while D naps in another room. It is so addicting!

My lovely lilibulle, you came back! I am now in the same wonderful boat with big, silly grins as Keirsten. I have my French lady again :D

rosebud101 said...

Great video tutorial!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails