The weekend was good. We survived karate and a morning of two soccer games. Even if it was freezing cold outside and about 15-20 degrees too cold inside the car. ;)
The kids and I took Little Horse for a walk on Sunday afternoon. They each practiced making snow angels, knowing that we would be hit with a big snowstorm.
The predictions of the weather forecasters did not disappoint. We got two inches of snow in less that two hours and it was absolutely bee-you-tee-ful coming down. I enjoyed listening to the sound of snowflakes hitting the trees and landing on the ground. Like fairy wind chimes. But there was a damper on this beauty. We realized after dinner that Jezzie had been missing since lunch time. Todd and I both walked the streets of our neighborhood calling her.
And Todd continued those walks early this morning. He was supposed to fly to Orlando this morning, but many of the highways were closed, our governor declared a State of Emergency and all flights were canceled out of the airport.
Georgia only has 11 snow plows (that'd be 11 more than I thought we had) and fewer than 200 salt trucks. Needless to say, neighborhood streets are not the priorities.
School was canceled today and is canceled for tomorrow. We are expecting there won't be any school for most of this week. Our way of dealing with the snow is to wait for it to melt before driving around again.
At least for the sane or the cautious. There are always the crazies out there who think they know how to drive on the snow and don't, or those who know they don't know how to drive on bad roads and don't care because they like to slam on the brakes and slide.
I'm glad the kids and I got to the farmer's market on Sunday afternoon and loaded up on our weekly groceries while Todd was playing in his first tennis match in two months.
I love how the snow collected on this owl's feet. He faces in towards my kitchen and is covered by the deck coming off our bedroom. The snow had to work extra hard to come in and cover his feet!
Todd was out on his second or third search party walk around 9:30 this morning when I got a call from a neighbor who saw Jezzie in his front yard before she ran around the back of his house. She had made tracks up to their front door. With the length of time she was missing, we were both worried she was long gone. But ended up only six doors down, thank goodness.
And thank goodness for facebook, prayers and good will sent by many friends to help us find her. I don't think our neighbor would have known Jezzie was our cat if I hadn't posted her picture last night.
Abbie tried to keep me from working today by blocking my laptop.
And then Jezzie took her spot. Jez slept most of today and was more cuddly than normal. I hope this made a big impression on her that if she sneaks out, she'll be stuck overnight in the COLD and have to deal with a TON of snow so she won't even think about running away again. So very thankful to have her back!
So that was my weekend. How was yours?
I had planned on being on the torch tonight, but walking Little Horse with the boy child in the snow took longer than expected. The boy had to make Owen Angels, which is the equivalent of a running start before a belly flop while doing the splits. Tuesday night I will be on the torch. I hope!












5 comments:
Man... you are getting awesome with that camera!!! Night shots are impressive! Also love the close up of the evergreen. -
The snow is beautiful. But just the same I'm glad it's you and not me with it :-) So glad Jessie is back.
Seeing that snow through your eyes makes me marvel at the beauty of it all. But I guess that would mean that I am inundated by this so-called beauty for a few more months! I love the idea of practicing snow angels before the snow and belly flop angels. Your kids are precious! And that Jezzie too. So glad to be home, I am sure!
Enjoy the day, Kelley!
Erin
You had a busy weekend! I am so glad Jezzie is back. I know if one of my kitties got lose I would totally freak out! Love the snow pictures, fantastic. I especially love the greenery with the snow on it. And the belly flop - hilarious!
Your little neighborhood is so pretty in the snow! So glad to hear your sweet little kitty returned to the nest--yay!! Hopefully the snow was effective aversion therapy!
I would pay good money for 42 degrees. I'd put my shorts on. Enjoy your snow days!
Post a Comment