We are getting back into the normal routine after not hearing alarm clocks for over a week of snow days.
Monday night, Tabitha drove down and joined Cassie and me for dinner before the Roswell Photographic Society meeting. We had a wonderful time together, enjoyed some good Mexican food and talked about our cameras/photography. I had submitted this photo of the girl child and was thrilled I received an honorable mention at the end of the evening!
I cleaned up the kitchen counters by the end of last week and am feeling so much better about walking into that room. Next step is to re-arrange some of the cabinets. I can do this.
My girl child is doing well in karate and is receiving commendations for being loud (when she yells Yes Sir!). Finally. A place that is pleased with her volume.
I took Little Horse out last night and ran more than walked the 1.2 miles. Hopefully it won't be much longer before I can run all of it. And then run longer.
I need to do laundry. So I can pack. So I can take advantage of that free frequent flier mile ticket and fly up to New York City on Saturday morning. I can. not. wait. I'm meeting Erin, Lorelei and Nancy for a girls weekend away. I also need to make a Mississippi Mud Cake to pack up and bring with me. I'm worried about the smackdown that Nancy might deliver if I show up empty handed.
I am looking forward to next Tuesday and taking the day off from work to take a lampworking class from Sara Sally LaGrand on using silver glasses.
And I'm also looking forward to the end of the month when my photography class with Karen Russell begins. I am so loving my camera and am excited about where it may be taking me!
After bringing Little Horse back home, I hopped on the torch for an hour and a half and made two new sets of beads. I also worked on cleaning up my torch table a bit more. And after setting the self timer on my camera and getting a couple of pics, I remembered to put my safety goggles back on. Please don't try that at home, folks. Safety goggles are a must at the torch!
Nothing sold after my last shop update, which left me wondering if my beads seemed too pricey or if folks are just caught in the post-Christmas budget slump. I know my beads were a little higher this time, but that just reflected the cost of the glass for more specialer colors. Yes, specialer is a word.
So. This week (and next) I am focusing on making some of my more popular beads. Some with raku. Some etched. And some eggs. Since I'll be gone this weekend, I won't be doing a shop update. I had contemplated listing new beads on Friday, but I didn't think that would be fair since I won't be around on Saturday to pack and ship them out. So I think I'll just wait until the following weekend and hopefully have more to throw into the shop.
I made a video that I plan on sharing later this week. I need to finish editing it and then get it uploaded to youtube.
My pile of clear shorts is being whittled down in size and my torch table is slowly getting cleaner!
My girl child is now cooking dinner for us once a week. The boy child has been doing this since September. While I am helping a TON, I am enjoying the fact that I am technically only cooking five nights a week now. :)
It's never too late to be who you might have been ~ George Elliot
And on that note, I'm planning another trip to San Diego for next month to take a two day photography workshop. I am simultaneously thrilled and nervous as I'm finding that chasing my dreams is a bit scary....I am in awe of how things are falling into place and happening for me. I am so thankful for my friends who have encouraged and supported me. Who tell me life is short and to take the necessary steps to improve my skills so I can get to where I want to be in my life. Who cross their fingers and say prayers right along with me that I'm on the right path.
And for my husband, who has supported me and my heart unfailingly. Unwaveringly. One hundred percent.





9 comments:
Great post! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
It is all coming together isn't it?? The dream is becoming a reality and therefore you are becoming a real inspiration to me, yet again. xo
Oh great - another girls weekend that I will miss out on. So jealous. Again.
And closed for a week of snow days? Sounds like heaven. It's been in the mid-80's here for a week now - hot, smoggy and gross. Just NOT RIGHT for January!
congrats on your honorable mention, that is indeed a great photo! i've enjoyed so many of your photos. your class in SD sounds like an exciting first step in the next phase of your life! it always feels good to have a plan, and just putting it into action, even if you're not where you want to be yet, is energizing! can't wait to see the fruits of your learning.
Congrats again on the Honorable Mention, the photo is fantastic! Love the photo of Little Horse, he is smiling for you. The picture of the girl child in her gi is awesome! Have fun on your girls weekend and have tons of fun in your photography classes! I can't wait to see where this takes you!
Girl child photo is awesome!!!
Trip to NY sounds awesome!!
I didn't know you were in Karen's class, me too!! Awesome!!!
Little Horse looks like he's in heaven!!! Yes, that is awesome too!! I'll be quiet now. :)
Woo Hoo! Where to begin?
LH is clearly a tired and happy pupper...what a sweet smiley boy :)
Congrats on all the photo success and your ambition to pursue it. Just let me know if you have the time/inclination while in SD to hang...I'm always up for it!
Your "specialer" beads most certainly will end up with the right homes...specialer beads need specialer people!
(and super extra props for almost running the 1.2, I signed up for the "30 miles in 30 days challenge" through mapmyrun...worrying that I'm crazy!)
That photo (all of them actually) is awesome! I think my Chloe is going to love those bungee trampoline things when she is big enough - maybe even this summer. Super proud and a bit wanting to tag along to cool photo classes! And you get to travel on an airplane to see fun beady friends - how fun is that! Hanging out with bead friends is such a great way to let go and have fun… Enjoy it (can't wait to see pics!)
Congratulations on the honorable mention, I love that photo. Lucky you taking a class with Sally, I have met her a couple times and she is a sweetheart.
WOW, that first photo!
As for sales -- it's just that time of year -- taxes are being thought about and prepared, you know. At least they are in this house! And people are getting their first credit card bills from Christmas.
Don't doubt yourself!
Post a Comment