TGIF!
Yesterday was a rough day between work and the home front (we found out Little Horse has heartworms). I feel drained and still have yesterday's adrenaline running through me. I'm ready for tomorrow to be here. To run away from my realities, if only for 36 hours. To see one of my best friends and hang out with my girls in New York City. I can't wait!
Please think good thoughts for me as I will be braving the bus and subway system alone on this trip. When I used to fly into NYC on a monthly basis for customer meetings, I always took cabs because work paid for them. But this time, I think I will save my thirty bucks and I'll just spend $2.50 to figure it out on my own. The last time I did this, I wasn't even 20. I had flown up on a buddy pass to see a friend. I was so exhausted, that I fell asleep on the subway and was woken in Harlem by a kind woman telling me "Honey, I think you missed your stop." I didn't know any better that falling asleep on the train was ill-advised. I don't normally drink coffee, but I may be filling up on it tomorrow to stay awake. I'll be leaving the house tomorrow for the airport well before I normally wake up in the mornings and I won't see the sun rise until after I reach my gate.
I can't wait until next week to share all of the photos I'll be taking this weekend. I hope you have a lovely weekend and are staying warm!
And with that, I leave you with this unconventional marriage of sorts :)
7 comments:
So sorry to hear about Little Horse, I hope it is manageable. Have a blast in NYC, there is nothing like girlfriends, especially ones that share addictions.
Good thoughts are being sent your way for your adventures on the subway! You are going to have a blast. Sorry to hear about Little Horse, it sucks when the fur babies are sick! I can't wait to see your pics. Thanks for the demo on marrying glass. I never thought about cleaning the glass before connecting them and what you said makes sense - thanks!
So sorry to hear about your doggie! It's so hard when pets are sick. Sounds like you have it all under control. He's in good hands!
I never thought about how you'd probably have a bunch of partial rods left over that are too short to use. Gets a little hot I imagine! One of those pita things you have to do, but it looks sort of relaxing, like making earwires in front of the tube...
Hope your trip is wicked fun!!
Thanks for sharing the video... even though I don't work with glass it was great to watch and see your smiling face and you doing what you do best (amongst other things!).
Sorry to hear about Little Horse. I hope you are able to rid these little pests from his body.
Good luck with the trip. I fully understand - even though I use public transport all the time I know how daunting it can be for someone who doesn't. I guess it's one of those every day things we just take for granted.
Have a great trip!
Karyn ♥
Kelley, I hope you are having a fantastic time in NYC! Love, love seeing the behind the scenes video. There is always a lot of work that goes on that no one really sees in the final product.
I am so sorry to hear about Little Horse. I've dogs of my own and this is truly one of our worst night mares. Hope things can be managed. I know how much the fur babies are part of the family.
Hey Kelley! Love the video! I should be in bed right now, but I just wanted to say I can't wait to spend some quality time with you this weekend! See you tomorrow, Girl! :)
UGH! Horrible LH news :(
Hope your weekend is great!
Post a Comment