Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Here's Looking At You, Kid

From this view, most are not terribly impressive.  But you can see how the clear wraps around the bead, magnifying the crackles of the ivory underneath.

I used the same technique, but with different rods of silver glass.  I love the purplish magenta in these.

And the ethereal lavender in these?  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  LOVE!

And these deep blues?  Remind me of tropical oceans and makes me wish I were somewhere warm.  Very warm.

The green appeared much brighter and more emeraldy than I was expecting.  But I think this one is the best for showcasing and magnifying the crackles underneath.

And I love the clean dark outline against the ivory.  If you look closely (it may be easier to see in person), there is an interior outline of silver just before the green starts.

I had been thinking about making several sets with all the colors, but I think I will keep them segregated when I list them.  The next shop update will be on Saturday, January 8th after 1pm.  Hoping to get more torch time this week so I have more to add, but not sure if I'll get that luxury.  The kids are back in school now and free time is at a premium.

Hope you all are having a great week and staying warm!

13 comments:

Judy said...

These beads are amazing! I love the spot of glaze, it is almost like an eye watching you.

Tabitha W. said...

LOVE the green! it looks like cat eyes

Unknown said...

They are very lovely Kelley they remind me of cat eyes. I see that Tabitha thinks so too!

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Wow- these are amazing, Kelley.

Unknown said...

I love the ivory as the base colour, it looks so rich.

Alice said...

Lovely! That crackled ivory is just amazing!

rosebud101 said...

Very nice, Kelley! I love these beads!

Mellisa said...

You already know I'm a sucker for the ivory base so I think these are knockouts! The crackles are super cool :)

stregata said...

The crackled ivory reminds me of real ivory - so very lovely.

Courtney Breul said...

Really beautiful! I love the way they look at me! :)

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love the beads - oh so yummy looking!

Lori P said...

These are gorgeous. I agree with Judy - they remind me of beautifully colored eyes! :)

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

They remind me of dragon's eyes. They are cool and creepy at the same time. Love them, Shannon C

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails