We decided to build a new deck this weekend outside of our kitchen. Todd and I talked about it a few months ago, but waited until his Dad came to help visit. Here is the very messy before.
Here are my kids showing off just how tall they are when standing with arms outreached.
Owen wanted so badly to help build the deck and did his best to hold pieces of wood for us. Towards the end, I did let him help use the drill to push screws into the planks. You can see in this pic the faded stain on the cement that I put down a coupla years ago. This is part of the reason why we decided to build a deck...bending over to put that stain on the cement killed my back!
And here is the after of the (mostly) finished deck. We still need to finish putting screws into every plank over every joist. But the boards are all cut and secured in place. I did all of the sawing and was very pleased with myself. It feels good to have this done
Now onto beads that got made last Thursday night and Sunday afternoon during football games and after I had cut the last piece of wood. These are all special orders that are in the shop now.
Here is a set of beads that will be going into the shop during the next shop update. I'm thinking that will be on Friday, December 3rd.
We will be leaving for Disney on Wednesday and I don't think I want to be spending a lot of time on vacation with listings. And in honor of the day after Thanksgiving, perhaps I will have a flash gratitude sale instead. You folks like sales, right? :)







10 comments:
wow! that deck turned out awesome! what a nice improvement! the beads= GORGEOUS!
Your deck looks fabulous. We had one put on flush with the dining room doors a couple of years ago. That space gets used now more than any in the entire back garden. Hope yours becomes that irresistable place to sit as well.
The deck is wonderful! Great job!
Your beads keep getting prettier and prettier (I don't know how, cuz they've always been pretty!)
Safe travels and hope you have loads of fun at Disney!
Wow, that deck transforms the space! Looks like a real hangout now. Sweet. Love the teal on ivory beads, gorgeous! And I love that lighting. Was it early evening? Mysterious.
Oh my gosh, those beads are GORGEOUS! I love the white/off white? background.
The deck looks fabulous.
Have a blast at Disney World.
The deck looks fabulous! I am sure you are going to love sitting out there! I love the way it is surrounded by plants and vines...
Oh your deck looks great - what a lovely place you have to sit now! We just recently finished our deck too which I posted on my blog
http://releasesbyrufydoof.blogspot.com/2010/11/something-old-something-new.html
And yes... I do love your beads and yes I do love a $ALE!!!! Bring it on!!
Karyn
Love the deck! Beads are awesome as usual. I hope you all have fun at Disney!
The deck is fabulous! What a great place to be able to sit and enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving.
Nothing more satifying then home renovations! Have a great time at Disney. It's the only big vacation we've ever taken and the best time to go is now. The lines were pretty awesomely NOT ridiculous when we were there the week before Thanksgiving and the temps are still enjoyable.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment