Last night went much faster than I had anticipated for listing all of those beads and headpins. I was thankful to head up to bed before 10pm. And even more thankful to wake up to multiple sales notifications. You guys rock!!!
Jezzie likes to climb my butterfly bush and hang out three feet off the ground. She eats the leaves and chatters at birds that fly by. When she saw me come out with my camera, she wanted to run over and give me kisses. Because she thinks she is a dog and likes to lick my face and fingers and elbows.
I am not packed yet and still need to do laundry before I leave tomorrow morning for San Diego.
Little Horse has been a Panting Pony in his crate the past couple of weeks to the point of being a nuisance and waking us up at hours no one should be awake. I shook a can filled with nails and screws at him yesterday morning, which hushed him up quickly. He was much better this morning thankfully! But Little Horse is still looking pretty guilty, don't you think?
This time tomorrow, I will be on a plane to the other side of the country. Mellisa has promised a whirlwind weekend for me with even a 5K walk in Balboa Park on Sunday morning for the Susan G. Komen fund. I'm walking on the team named Babes for Boobs! If you'd like to donate, you can click here to send any amount of money you feel comfortable giving. As an added incentive if you donate on my link, I will take 10% of that donation amount off your next purchase in my beads or jewelry shop. Just make sure your name is associated with the donation on my page and then leave a note to seller on Etsy with your purchase for --> Babes for Boobs. Or Race for the Cure if you can't bring yourself to type Boobs. :)
I have two pink ribbon worry stones in my shop right now, but it should be four. I will try to get pics taken and the other two added to the shop later. They are $30 each and I donate that full amount to the Susan G. Komen fund. Which means, I'm not getting paid for my time, materials or electricity. And I'm okay with that!
When Todd got back from Nashville yesterday, I think Little Horse was more excited to see him than the kids. Little Horse couldn't stop jumping up on his hind feet to look Todd in the face while he balanced for a second or two at a time on two feet. It was too sweet.
I can't believe I will be staying right on the water at this hotel! It was a steal using Priceline.com at almost 50% off the normal rates!!!
I am hoping between all of the time spent in the air and waking earlier than the timezone I will be able to get caught up on editing family pics and blogging.
Any items purchased in my shops after 8pm EDT tonight will be shipped out on Thursday, November 11th. Any items purchased prior to 8pm will definitely ship out tomorrow morning and be on their way out of Atlanta before the weekend ends.
I am also hoping to post an interview next week, complete with studio pics. I have the pics, but still need to write the questions up to be answered.
I don't like being so busy that I can't do everything I want.
Both kids woke up before their alarms went off this morning and were dressed with beds made and teeth brushed before I even walked out of our bedroom. I praised them to high heaven that that's what they need to do EVERY morning. :D
Anyone know if there was a blue moon last night?
I am glad to be getting out of the house and away from this candy. It is not good for my waist line. At all. When I get back, I will be making plans to trash it or send it into the office with Todd. Too. Much. Sugar.
Of course I have already fully utilized the Parent Tax and taken care of all Almond Joys and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. And half the Tootsie Rolls. Because that's just the kind of parent I am.
I am bummed that KJ has a family birthday party to attend on Sunday and I won't be able to meet her in person on Sunday. Next time I'll make sure I'm flying closer to her! ;)
But. And this is a big but (not to be confused with butt, which I am not going to speak about the size of mine or anyone else's)! Mellisa is picking me up from the airport and playing my own personal tour guide for the weekend. Yay! She has made all kinds of promises and I intend to hold her to them, even if I have to drink wretched amounts of coffee to stay away and do them all! She has promised:
my toes will touch sand
my ears will listen to the Pacific
my eyes will see sea lions
my feet will walk for a cure
I will eat good Mexican food (I LOVE MEXICAN FOOD!!!!)
that may mean Taco Bell if Plan A falls through due to recent publicity
I will get my fill of Balboa Park and the Artists' Village, which I fell in love with two years ago when I last visited
I may meet her pupper Nana if I can keep my mouth shut about the state of her studio. Which makes me wonder if there is anyone out there who is able to consistently keep their studio in a state of order and cleanliness at all times? I'm currently under the belief that it is just not possible.
These headpins are still in the shop waiting for good homes.
More bumpily headpins in this Spring to Fall set
A friend offered to make me a scarf because I have a bare neck and am a really big wimp. I'm stoked to have something that she would make with her own two hands. She actually offered to make a scarf for the girl child, who is wanting her hair chopped even shorter, but the girl child is unaffected by the cold and I asked if she would make one for me instead. Yay!
I think that's enough randomness for one day, don't you? I'll be posting next week from the West Coast and can't wait to share pics with you!












1 comment:
Hope you have a great trip Kel, it sounds like it is going to be an awesome weekend! Can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment