I've been meaning to share a little secret with you.
These aren't beads.
I think that maybe it isn't so obvious to everyone.
Because. Well. I was intentionally sneaky when taking these pics and posting them previously.
I apologize for leading you astray.
But these aren't my beads.
These are my headpins! :D
And even more exciting to me is that Lorelei shared sneak peek pics with me last night of how she has used her new headpins! I must share because I think they are so cool :) This necklace is named Complimentary Colors.
She didn't add anything to them, just used the wire of the headpin for wire wrapping to make the little dangles. I'm partial to little dangles because my girl child is a little dangle. She dangles from anything that will hold her feet off the ground. Elbows, counters, doorknobs before she is caught, trees, soccer goals, you name it. That's a Gardanne bead in clear and orange next to mine in this Flight Patterns bracelet. I love Anne's work!
I can't wait to see pics from others on how they are being used and reborn!!!
I had planned on being on the torch last night (I'm writing this around 2am. boo hiss.), but ended up working. Late. Way late. Not sure what kind of sleep I will get, but if I get enough you better believe I'll be on the torch Wednesday night. Work permitting, of course.









7 comments:
Beautiful evolution of your designs, Kelley. Now I have something else to look forward to...when I finally use some of the eggs I have! Very impressive what you have made and what Lorelei created. You are both incredible. Thanks for sharing.
Enjoy the day!
Erin
beautiful, beautiful! forgive me for not knowing ANYTHING about hot glass, but is it possible to make your beautiful headpins with fine silver, rather than copper wire?
These are really lovely. Great job with the photos too. I was totally fooled. :) I like that Lorelei left them plain too! It is nice since sometimes the holes in lampwork are sorta big, in my experience, and need extra elements to hold them just so sometimes. It gives them a different dimension when you don't see the head of metal on the end. interesting!
Wow, it looks like i haven't been to your store in a long time - so sorry, but I'm off right now....
Oh sweet! I love how they look like a tiny bouquet of glass beads in your hand.
I like how Lorelei used them in her designs.
I love headpins, they are fun to make and no bead holes to clean. I like all the organic shapes you made. So glad our beads could be friends in Lorelei's jewelry.
Love these and once you said what they were, I had my ah ha moment. I kept trying to figure out how you got your beads to stay on your hand! HA! Love them and all their colors. Lorelei's necklace does them justice!
Post a Comment