I don't have any glass pics to show today. I made 6 headpins last night before I had to shut down the torch when I got a work call. That kinda stunk (actually, it stunk a lot but I won't complain. too much) since I had plans to make so much more last night. But maybe tonight. I'll have pics to share tomorrow of the headpins and hopefully other beads and buttons that will go into the kiln tonight.
Kindness has been a hot topic in our home the past few weeks. Maybe more like months. We talk about it, we look for it in others and try to be kind. To ourselves and to each other. Little feelings can get hurt easily, but the hurt is BIG and shows in tears. Sara's post today made me think more about how the lack of kindness in others can drive us to being even kinder. I hope that that is what we are instilling in our children.
I'm turning the captcha feature back on because I'm tired of receiving/seeing spam comments like this from Anonymous:
This is fifty percent entertaining. But then once more I am extremely high right now
I'm turning the captcha feature back on because I'm tired of receiving/seeing spam comments like this from Anonymous:
This is fifty percent entertaining. But then once more I am extremely high right now
Months ago, I saw this post and I loved the idea of writing a weekly message, verse or quote to read and memorize. I was on the hunt for a good chalkboard for weeks/months before I found a steal at the outlet mall. This was the first phrase that got written on it. In August. I'm having a hard time moving on and writing something new because I just love seeing this every day. I love that my kids see it every day and know what it says. That smiley face was hard-earned by the girl child after having some serious struggles in Kindergarten.
I purchased this print over a month ago from Studio Mela and it just arrived. I love it. I'm not sure where it will be in our home, but definitely in a place that we see each day.
I love to give good. Surprises and/or random acts of kindness. It probably stems from the people pleaser in me. In high school when I waited tables, my manager and his wife had a baby. I knew where they lived and once a week for months, I would leave a package of diapers on their front porch, knock on the door and then run like heck. It went on for several moons before I admitted it was me. I love being able to help others, although I don't always know how my acts affect others.
Which leads me to ask...what is the best random act of kindness that has happened to you?


8 comments:
Love that print!
My sister and I have been sending each other little unexpected surprise gifts in the mail for the last few months. It's kind of fun, to search out that one little something that I know she'll love.
That is such a great idea Kelley. We have a chalkboard in our kitchen but it is covered up with so much of the flotsam and jetsam of our lives. You have inspired me to clear it off and use it to leave these messages from the Universe to my family. Thank you so much for sharing that.
My office mate is going through breast cancer. She is so strong, resilient, upbeat. It amazes me. A local artist is having a gallery show of her pottery that chronicles her mother's own breast cancer treatments including bowls to remind you to take good care of yourself. I bought one with the message stamped inside "You're Doing Great" and left it as a present for her on Tuesday. That was a great feeling.
Thank you for continuing to share your light with others. Even those that are high ;-)
Enjoy the day.
Erin
thanks for the reminder..
kindness shown to others doesn't come at a great cost to the giver.
letting someone go ahead in the grocery line,holding a door open,
having a kind word for an overworked clerk..
one little act of kindness can change the course of someone's otherwise bad day.
It's expected when you have a baby that some people will bring your meals. I had a couple girlfriends who so generously brought me meals (I hated cooking then) and little gifts (for me) when I was pregnant and experiencing intense morning sickness. These friends made gestures after Miriam came, too. Sometimes those little gestures mean the most.
I love the image of you running after dropping off diapers. You were sweet from the get go.
Kindness. I think we all need a reminder of it everyday. in so many ways as much as we can.
The print is beautiful, Kelley! My favorite act of kindness to me happened when a group of online friends sent me a box of love. In the big box were 3 boxes and a bag. The bag was for Pixie. The boxes were for me and my children. In each box were gifts of glass and fiber love. I cried when I opened the box. You could feel the love.
Truer words were never spoken.I totally believe in karma.The other day a very nice guy held the door for me and my 4. We got to the counter first so I gave the cashier extra money for his breakfast. He didn't realize until we got to the parking lot and as we were driving by he had a huge smile and a wave. It doesn't take much to make somebody's day!The kids thought it was fun to do something nice too.
Kindness is unfortunately in short supply lately around some parts, but I love that at my son's new school, they start every morning by entering the school and shaking the headmaster's hand, and they also shake the hand of the teacher as they enter the door. Manners leads to kindness, sometimes.
Post a Comment