Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy Monday

The weekend passed, but not in the hurry I had expected.  It was a rather lazy weekend.  The boy child spent the night at my Mom's on Friday night.  After his soccer game the next morning, both the kids went to my Mom's for lunch and spent the afternoon there until they came back for dinner.  I had plans to edit family photos and catch up on blogs that I had missed.  Instead, I slept.  I was a total lazy bum!

So.  Last week, I was burning the midnight oil many nights to get as many headpins and beads made as I could to have ready to list Friday night.  

I was also working in the early mornings before I had to be at my computer.  As long as there is a little daylight coming into my studio, I am content to not turn on any lights.  It feels more peaceful.

It was on this morning that I realized I can do two things at once.  Turning the mandrel with my left hand and dancing the glass in the flame with my right.  I learned that I am not very good at doing three things simultaneously.  The third being using the remote for the camera while doing the first two things.  It resulted in a nice little burn across the base of my thumb.  Thank goodness for Unguentine.  It is an ointment from my childhood that has worked wonders on my burns, stopping the pain quickly (and permanently...the pain doesn't come back) and helping it heal quickly.  I am four days out from this burn and now it just looks like dry skin.

Friday night I stayed up past midnight getting the headpins listed.  I thought you might like to see the sets that quickly found new homes.  I can't wait to see how these are used!

I just love the orange and red on turquoise!

I am enamored with the mushroom shapes of many of these headpins.  Must.  Make.  More.

The pink I used here was so much fun.  I had a hard time not making a bazillion different beads and headpins with this glass at the time.  And the earthly bluish green.  Love those, too.

I like the indentation on the pink one in the middle.  Note made to self to make more of those, too.

I have not gone back over blogs from last week to see what I missed.  The task seems rather daunting after being without the internet for several days.  Please let me know if I missed something good.

Okay, time for your comments.  Input?  Feedback?  What should I make more of and what should I not?  What did you do with your weekend?  Tell me something good.  Don't let the crickets start chirping, please. :)

3 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

I got quite a bit done that I had on my to do list, including getting all my projects done (a whole week early) and shipped this morning, for a publication!
I have to still clean this week so you don't see what a complete slob I am, when you come to visit this weekend.

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh I TOTALLY do the same thing!!! My husband was supposed to take all four down to my inlaws and 1 stayed home sick. All I could think about was what I wasn't going to get done!!!...and I couldn't even take a nap cause he was circling me like a shark. I also get up really early and stay up late to get things done and don't turn on the lights - it is more peaceful.Love the spotty ones they look like little mushrooms!

Mellisa said...

The 'shrooms are awesome! Wow, the burn ointment must be a miracle concoction...as a serious cookie baker (and someone who tends to open the kiln a little too fast) I need to get my paws on some of that stuff. Know how you feel about being overwhelmed with blog catch-up and I've only been away for 3 days :)

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails