Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Weekend Catch Up

Sunday afternoon, my friend Wendy and I took our kids up to Amicalola Falls to go hiking.  We ignored the strenuous part of the sign.

We thought going down would be the easy part, but it was actually pretty hard.  The tops of my thighs didn't stop shaking the whole time.  Talk about a bizarre feeling!  They even shook when I was standing still!  Coming back up was easier on the legs, but harder on the lungs.  The kids did fine and have no muscle soreness since Sunday.  Lucky kids.

Chloe was a bit of a twist throughout the day and her smile for the camera is about how I felt about her behavior.  And check out Wendy.  She had 20+ lbs strapped onto her back for the whole hike.  Go Wendy!

Here is a shot of the falls.  After this, we hiked down another 200 steps before hiking back up.

Much of Monday was spent at the torch.  I made 14 new eggs and am getting closer to knocking out all of Nancy's requested colors.  Made lots of pink eggs yesterday, as well as four new ivory eggs.

I really like these ivory eggs.  LOVE how the blues turned out on the two left eggs.  I had a lot of fun playing with the amber/green frit and used it on many more beads over the weekend!

Besides the eggs, I made over 50 new beads!  It felt so good to be sitting at the torch and creating new beads again.  I was in seventh heaven.  In between torch sessions and letting the beads soak in the kiln before adding more beads, the boy child and I ran some errands which included a trip to PetsMart to look at hamster treats.  He is so excited because he knows for his 8th birthday next week, he will be getting a hamster.  Owen spent much of yesterday reading through his hamster magazine and a book on how to care for hamsters.  

Made more of these desert sunrise rounds.

I used that same glass to make these squares and am LOVING their shapes and muted colors!!!

Mmmmm.  Has been a long, long time since I made any beads like these.  This green is one of my favorites!

I had fun making a bunch of these little nuggets.

These little swirly, clear eggs remind me of the leaves on my willow because they're turning from the green to yellow to brown as they fall to the ground.

These are more fuschia and hot pink than red on a base of pale pink.

These are the same beads as at the top, only not encased in a heavy layer of clear.

Here are some sapphire blues on the left and dark aqua beads on the right.  Both use the same frit, although I changed the flame and reduced the aqua beads to create a metallic and gunmetal finish.  What do you all think of these?  Is it worth me making more to put a set of either into my shop?

I am hoping to get all of these into the shop tonight after the kids go to bed.

How was your weekend?  Did you do everything you wanted to do?

6 comments:

Round Rabbit said...

My eggs are GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Mine, all mine!!!!!

lunedreams said...

WOW! Gorgeous!! I like those pink eggs, and the sunset rounds are delish!! The encased ivory and amber/teal are gorgeous too! Love the robin's egg blue w/brown nuggets. MOST EXCELLENT!!! (Where's my bib...)

EB Bead and Metal Works, LLC said...

Love the waterfall picture. I hear you about the wobbly legs, I hate that when that happens (usually after I work out after years of not working out). All those eggs look delicious - especially the purple ones, sort of have a metalic shine to them. I like the little blue nuggets too and the clear eggs that look like your willow, and, and, and...I could go on and on!
Happy beading!
Beth

SummersStudio said...

Yummy, all of these beads are yummy! And I do feel for you with all of those steps! I did a similar hike to the bottom of the falls and back up last year in Oregon. I thought my legs would never stop shaking. Why is it that kids can do this without even blinking an eye?

Tara P. said...

I'm so impressed about the 425 steps! I simply can't imagine at this stage in my life! There was a time, maybe 20 years ago when it would have been feasible. But alas, those days are behind us... I got my eggs in the mail today and I'm in love! Also love the pink nuggets and the purple eggs, and...and... okay, I love them all!

Lori P said...

Great pics of the hike. Walking downhill like that does a number on my knees - old age - something you don't have to be concerned with at the moment.

I LOVE the pink and yellow beads.

Word verification: clueress

Kinda like me. :)

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails