Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

More Torch Time

This has been a productive week and we're only half way through it!  I spent more time on the torch last night and started in on Nancy's eggs.  There were four of these dark purple eggs with the mirrory, metallic finish that I love.  But one of them gave up the good fight during the dremeling/cleaning process this morning.  Sigh.

And a close up of the yellow egg.  This color wasn't on Nancy's list, but I just had to make one because the glass rods were so scrumptious.  It is a new glass that arrived yesterday and I LOVE it.  It has shades of ochre, cream and purple in it.  More rounds to follow below!

I also made this fun hollow.  Debating on making it a pendant on a necklace for my jewelry shop or as is for my beads shop.

I tried out another jar of frit from Kerry and made these little green gems.

Here are the rounds using the new glass.  LOVE!  Not sure what I would do with these, but I may just pull them back out of the shop and string them up.  They make me happy sitting on my desk.  :)

Todd has more tennis tonight, so I should be back on the torch again.  Making more eggs.  Trying out more new frit.  And new glass.  And sitting in my happy place.  Woot!

Only two more days until a three day weekend.  Yahoo!

6 comments:

Silver Parrot said...

LOVE that new glass - the yellow egg in the first picture is to die for. Like the purple shiny eggs, too.

Pretty Things said...

mmmmm, love those metallic eggs!

I'll get your glass out to you soon -- it's been 100 degrees in the studio and I've been avoiding like the chicken that I am!

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Gorgeous beads, Kelley. You couldn't make an ugly one if you tried.

Marsha of Marsha Neal Studio said...

Nice!!! I can't wait to get into my studio happy place (with coffee & music - temporarily by myself for a bit…)

Gardanne said...

Love the egg in the second picture, those colors are right up my alley.

Courtney Breul said...

Please put those gorgeous rounds in your shop! All are beautiful. Hope tennis was good.

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails