This morning I woke an hour and a half before my alarm went off. The sun rises early Up Here. So I rose and showered, thinking perhaps my honeys will do the same and we can be off early. We have a very long drive ahead of us. But for now, he is still sleeping in a sleeping bag next to my boy on the front porch and I'm not trying too hard to be noisy or wake them. Yet.
I can hear loons off in the distance of the lake (I never did get a sound byte of them while I was out fishing to share with you). Crows are noisily landing on spruce branches behind me and dew is dripping off the roof. As far as I can tell looking around the resort, I am the only person awake. However, there is a Daddy Long Legs creeping closer to me on the screened porch railing who is keeping watch over me.
Our fishing licenses expired at 3pm yesterday and signaled yesterday really was the last full day of our vacation. I am conflicted. I'm not ready to leave the lake or our family. I didn't get enough time with any of them. I'm not ready to kiss my kidlets goodbye and know I have two and a half weeks of no snuggles or eskimo kisses. I'm not ready to put down my books that have taught me so much this past week about my camera. I'm not ready to give up this free time to spend all day doing exactly what I want to be doing.
Although, I am looking forward to coming home to a clean house that will be waiting for me. My bed that holds my body snugly and all of my pillows. Time with my honeys that is free for us to reconnect and remember who we are as individuals, who we were when we met before we became parents and had to utter phrases like "Please sit down on your bottom and use your fork to eat instead of your fingers!" or "Who do you worry about? Right. So stop with the tattling." Time to walk our dogs. Together. Time to watch him play tennis. More time for my torch. Time to see if I can really buckle down and get the garage sale launched, the attic cleaned out, my toukis on the treadmill, my garden weeded, that second Harry Potter book completed that I started last year.
We haven't decided on a route home yet. It may look like this.
Or it may look like this.
Not sure. We will decide on the fly. Because that's how we roll. We're crazy like that. ;)
I will re-open my Etsy shops mid-day tomorrow. Any purchases will get shipped out with my mail on Thursday. I will be back on the torch on Thursday and begin working the egg orders again. :) Thank you ladies for being so patient. Or at least not sending me hate mail for taking a vacation when you want beads. For all I know, you're taking my name in vane and stomping your feet in a huff because dangit, what's more important? Beads or a vacation?
I know.
Beads. :)







6 comments:
Glad you are coming home!...the pictures are great!
Kelley, I hope you have safe travels home, whichever route you and your honeys decide to take. That you are able to fit in all of the things you wish to do while the kidlets are away. And that before you know it, they will be home snuggling again.
Thanks for the GORGEOUS photos of your vacation!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time Kelley. MAJOR heat wave here and I'm tempted to make your lake picture my desk top screen.(we don't have AC ) Have a safe trip home:)
Travel safely! Give big kisses and hugs before you go and most of all, enjoy your time as a couple!
I love your photo of the loons. Growing up, we vacationed in Canada and there were loons on the lake. It's one of my favorite sounds.
Whichever route you take, drive careful. I look forward to your shop re-opening so I can spend some birthday money:-).
Such tranquil photos - have a safe trip home.
Post a Comment