breathe
make a dent in my mile long To Do list (personally, professionally and with my torch)
live in the moment without dwelling on the past or worrying about what tomorrow holds
stay focused
appreciate the small things
still enjoying the giggles from this morning
I love tickling my boy when he has crawled into bed after the alarm has gone off
I love those morning snuggles
counting his ribs makes him come unglued :)
just as I finish one custom order of eggs, another name is added to the list
I am so grateful
and I am having so much fun with these eggs
I was asked to make a couple of letter focal beads for a friend
I am pleased with how they turned out
I am addicted to the Publix brand of Kellogg's raisin bran crunch cereal
I could eat it for every meal
so could my husband
I could also eat asparagus for every meal
I am finding new music to listen to all day
it brings me a sense of peace and energizes me
all at the same time
a close friend of my husband's died last week
when he was walking out of the gym
Jeff was 43
he has two children under twelve
I had the privilege of meeting Jeff and hanging out only a handful of times
Todd was with Jeff when he asked Colleen to marry him
Todd was in his wedding
Jeff made the trek from Minnesota to Atlanta to be at our wedding
he was a kind man
and funny
I am overly pensive today
and somewhat weepy, as I contemplate what is most important to me
but then, I'm a big cry baby
my closest friends know this about me
but right now, I am smiling
because I hear my husband upstairs
he is doing laundry
AND
cleaning the cat boxes
happy dance :)








7 comments:
WOW, laundry AND the cat boxes!! Yay Todd! Love those brown and blue eggs, lovely. Sorry to hear you're feeling blue and brooding today, those days are weird and no fun. Hope it passes quickly!
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's friend. I've been hearing about too many similar occurrences lately and it makes me feel sad and sick. I take my husband for granted often. These stories are a reminder not to.
Your egg beads are so very pretty, Kelley! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of mine. Is it weird that I am putting them in a nest?:-)
It's nice to know that there's more than one husband out there who cleans litter boxes...We tried one of the self-cleaning kind, but it "broke" one of our cats - she was terrified of it and started peeing everywhere BUT the litter box...
Anyway, thanks for sharing the thoughts...sometimes that helps clear up the blue and brooding...and sorry for the loss of your husband's friend! Sounds like quite a shock...
the fact that you are a big cry baby is one of my favorite things about you.
so sorry for the loss of your friend. it's never easy when it's someone so young with a family.
giggles, tickles, and cleaning husbands is definately something worth being grateful about :) hugs my friend!
You are very friendly.... not sure if it is the right expression. That top left egg is made for me....
Happily waiting for your egg-pictures.
Nicki
Thank you everyone. Yes, this morning was a major SCORE between laundry and cat boxes. It is not a weekly occurrence, but I will take it!
Tabitha, next time I'm bawling I will call you so you can try to decipher what I'm saying through sobs and chokes ;) you bird!
Nicki, I am finishing up the eggs tonight for the person on the list right before you. I expect to start in on your beads tomorrow night!
Kelley, I am also blessed with a man who can do the cat box. It IS indeed a wonderful think. He would also do the laundry, however along with my ADD, I am also OCD and so he is not allowed to do it. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. So young. My brother in law had a heart attack while running a marathon last summer. He was 47. So sad. I'll add you all to my prayers. Happier thoughts- LOVE those eggs. (Email to follow!)
Post a Comment