I made another 9 egg beads last night while I was on the torch. Five were these cool raku on black, but one of them chipped during the cleaning process with my dremel. Sigh.
I made more of the ivory beads with the white, brown and teal speckles. I think they really need more of the teal speckles. What do you think?
I got a late start, but I also stayed up late because I was video chatting on Skype with my best friend Mary. She made the time fly. Our time always flies too fast when we are together.
It was so good to see her face while hearing her laugh. It is the first time she has seen my torch or how I melt glass. She asked me to make her a hot pink and bright green worry stone and was excited that I made it while she watched.
It is also the first time she has seen my house, because I walked around with my laptop facing out from me so I could hunt down Panting Pony for her.
And here are the two necklaces I made with the special-requested letter focal beads. I am pleased with how they turned out and hope the recipients like them.
Tonight we have kids' soccer practice and then after their bedtime, I will be making more eggs and stringing some new jewelry. I am hoping today and tomorrow are quiet with work....I am backing up my director while she is out. How's that for fancy schmancy prestigiousness? ;) I'm an acting director!
Betcha my kids don't listen any better, though. They are unimpressed with the title.
But then, they know it is actions that are more important than titles. That what's inside matters.
May they never lose that.




6 comments:
Good gosh, these are gorgeous!! I think I'm going to meander over to your etsy shop. Nice pics, btw.
Get you, Miss Acting Director! Get down with your badass self!
Awesome beads, too. I think the speckles are perfect the way they are!
I love those teal/ivory/brown eggs just the way they are too! I think they're perfect! And those are seriously fun necklaces, love them with the leather!
beautiful beads! glad to see that you are so busy filling custom orders of the eggs! YAY!
Ok, I'll be a responsible bead blog reader and first tell you that the new eggs are fantabulous... now let's talk about Pony!! Panting Pony sounds like a drop in intensity from Crying Pony, are things getting better?
The eggs are just getting better and better.
Post a Comment