Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm a Winner! :D

Wow!  I never win stuff.  Anything.  Evah!

But I won this gorgeous little handmade leather wristlet from Lori Plyler of Waterstone on her latest giveaway!  How cute is this little wristlet!  I LOVE the little strap and the darker brown flower!!!

Lori shops around to find leather coats or big leather bags that she can reclaim and sew into gorgeously unique handbags, totes or wristlets.  She gives old leather new life and I LOVE it.  And not only does she make handbags, totes and wristlets, she also makes jewelry.  You can check out Lori's etsy shop HERE. 

I am so extremely excited about this!  I had the pleasure of meeting Lori in person about a month ago when I was sneaking around etsy buying up Lorelei's favorites as surprise birthday gifts.  After I bought this cute little wristlet from Waterstone, Lori emailed me and asked if I wanted personal delivery because she literally lives just a few miles from me!  So I have already seen in person what extraordinary workmanship and care goes into Lori's items.  Did I tell you I'm excited?!

The last time we met, I did not pull out my camera to document the occasion.  I'm sure Lori would have declined having just come from the gym and I was a mess from spending a few hours in the yard and still had leaves/branches in my hair, I'm sure.  This time, I'll make sure I'm showered so we can take pics and I can properly introduce you to Lori on my blog. :)  

I love when I find out that bloggers/artists I admire turn out to be my neighbors!

Eggs tonight.  Pics tomorrow!

10 comments:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Yay! How fun! Congratulations! :) Love the wristlet....

Lorelei Eurto said...

I can think of two people that should have won this cutie bag. Me, OR YOU! I am so happy you won!!!! Bring with you to beadfest. i wanna see it! and feel it, in person. it looks so buttery soft!

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Congrats, Kelley! It's beautiful:-).

TesoriTrovati said...

That is awesome! And thanks for sharing... I may not live in her neighborhood, but through the internet we are all one big community. I love sharing the talent of others. I will be checking this out! Enjoy the day! Erin

Kella said...

Congratulations, off to check out Lori's shop, her products look and sound fab.

lunedreams said...

love it!! it looks buttery soft! i can just smell it. love that she reclaims used leather garments to make her stuff--so many godawful leather coats and jackets from the 80s that you can't bear to wear, but the leather is so nice! congrats! i expect to see this on your wrist in your next video.

Pearl and Pebble said...

Congratulations Kelley! That is a fabulous bag-ENJOY!!!

Katie said...

Super cute bags! And I love where I am on the egg waitlist - I get my bonus tomorrow :o)

Lori P said...

Awwww shucks. Thanks so much for the sweet words. I delivered the wristlet today and was surprised with a bead-making session tutorial. After getting over my fear I LOVED it. (can't wait to see the video) So much fun. Enjoy your wristlet, Kelley.

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE my new wristlet. I kept it on my desk today so I could hold it and touch it and love it and call it George.

Oooooh Katie, bonuses in May are nice! You probably want more than just two egg beads now, huh? ;)

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails