Lori of Waterstone stopped by to personally deliver the gorgeous wristlet I won on her blog. I roped her into doing a video with me as she melted glass to make her first ever lampwork bead. Not everyone would have agreed to doing something new for the first time, but I think it gives an accurate idea to folks that the first time is not easy to work out the multi-hand coordination needed. If you're new to lampworking, then don't give up. It wasn't easy for me the first time I tried it. Or even the first dozen. It felt so unnatural to me.
Thank you for agreeing and being a good sport, Lori!
7 comments:
That's so awesome!! I wish I was your neighbor :( Thanks for another great video...I really want to try it now!!
Lisa
Nice job of leading a true novice! I was very impressed with your teaching ability and am amazed that I only look half as stupid as I felt. lol :)
Thanks for a great time, Kelley.
Now I'm curious to know how to get a ring out of the drain. Must peruse.
wow, that's like patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time! very impressive! love the little leather bag. Sweet! still love your hair.
Lisa, you have an open invite the next time you make it through Atlanta!
Lori, you didn't look stupid at all. I think as adults, we don't get to do too many things where we are truly learning something brand new. You did excellently :)
I missed chatting with you today, Keirsten! I'm suffering from withdrawal. I love my new little leather bag, too. It is sooooo soft! And I'm still digging my hair, too. So easy
Thanks for the video, i must confess i have never seen a lampwork bead being made and now it all makes sense. Good to see to buddies having fun! nice bag you won. will watch for more videos and will be back someday for some eggs.
what a fantastically fun video! i wish i lived closer so i could bring gifts in trade for a tutorial too. :)
how fun!! and lori looked far more comfortable for her 1st time than when you threw me on the torch. it's definately not as easy and effortless as you make it look in your tutorial videos :)
Post a Comment