Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Friday!

These 25 eggs are on their way out the door!  
Can you believe someone snatched up 25?  
Out of the 32 I had on hand?  
Wow!  I am so thankful! 

Which puts me back close to square one on making beads to fill orders.  Nicki is next.  Out of the five color choices she wanted to see, I have zero.  That's right.  Nada.  The seven loners aren't even on the list.  Oh well, this is a good problem to have and I am certainly not complaining.

I had intended to get on the torch last night.  But I was so tired.  Staying up past 11pm or midnight EVERY night for two weeks has not been good.  Almost every single one of those I was on the torch.  I have absolutely enjoyed all of the torch time I am getting after the kids go to bed.  All the time to play with new colors.  Yesterday it caught up with me.  I know if I got on the torch, I would not have been safe.

I did not get the video made as promised for this week.  Perhaps for next week.  Maybe?  We have soccer games for the kids tomorrow morning that start at 9:30am.  But they overlap and we will be done before lunch time.  After that, perhaps I will get free time on the torch.  Sunday will be busy.  Church in the morning and I've gotta be there extra early because I'm getting dunked in a big tub in front of a few hundred people.  I'm a little nervous.  I don't like being the focus of attention.  But.  It is something I need to do. 

Many of you have purchased beads from me.  I would love to see pics of what you have turned them into.  I always wonder about what becomes of my beads when they grow up.  Sometimes they come home to me, but that is rare.  I couldn't stand it with these aqua nuggets that Keirsten of Lune Designs created.  The southwestern color combination, the hammered S hook clasp and the double cross drew me in.  It wouldn't let me sleep at night.  A week passed and my ability to say no disappeared.  (Don't forget to enter her giveaway HERE for a cool pair of earrings she made!)

So.  Getting back to my point.....if you have my beads and have used them, I would LOVE to see pics.  I want to do a few blog posts in the coming weeks highlighting different jewelry designers and their shops.  Please send me an email if you are interested.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  

If you are a Mom, I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day where your family celebrates you and everything you do for them.  May you get the best handmade cards, fresh picked flowers and relief from cooking/cleaning for the day!

5 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Happy Mother's Day, Miss Kelley!
Those beads are smokin' hot.
And I am with you on the sleep deprivation. It reminds me of staying up with my babies, but beads are my babies now! (At least they are a bit quieter!) I would love to do things with a torch but I have a funny little rule that I won't do anything with sharp tools, chemicals or fire late at night. I might miss a bead in a pattern but I don't want to lose any digits or burn the house down! Enjoy the day! Erin

Nicki said...

Yeah, I'm next. Just for the records - why don't you show me the ones that you have in addition... When I mentionned my color choices I had not seen all the fabulous beads you made. SO just to complete it: the dark brown ones are great, and the beige ones too. And I also love the dark green ones. I'll be glad with what you have on hand, and then I wait until you have more eggs done some time later. No rush - my love for beads won't disappear..... Thank you so much for sharing those pretties.

Silver Parrot said...

Miss Kelley - I believe you have found your groove. You are destined to become the glass egg supplier to the world ;-)

I know what you mean about the late nights - I gave up and took a break last night from "resin fever."

My hair is grateful that it will no longer be in danger of being resined which is what happened the last time I played when I was too tired.

Happy Mom's Day to you!

Karyn said...

Who would have thought that little egg beads would be so popular hey... I can't wait to see mine!!

I am hopeless with sleep. I usually stay up until at least 11.30pm most nights and then the next morning when I wake up I promise myself that evening I will go to bed earlier... does it happen... nope!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Karyn

Lori P said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day and aren't you the lucky one for having such a nice problem of selling out. It's great to sell, then you get panicky, right? lol

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails