Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another Visitor

Yesterday morning while I was working, I noticed a small movement outside out of the corner of my eye.  But then I didn't see anything.  I went back to working and noticed another small movement, but saw nothing that could have caused the leaves to move.  I wondered if the chipmunks were back.  It went on like this for close to five minutes before I saw the source.

He was a little guy, but with beautiful orange markings.

Look at this ridge down the back of his shell!  It's like it leads directly to his tail.

He was a shy guy.  As soon as I touched his shell, he pulled in his head, legs and tail.  Then he closed up his shell.

Tight!

Not at all like the last turtle who probably hunts deer and wild coyotes.

I removed him from the backyard so he wouldn't be harassed by the cats or dogs.  I released him in the side yard and within an hour he was gone.  I just loved those orange spots on his front legs!

Got the latest egg order shipped out yesterday.  It is going all the way to GERMANY to Nicki.  I can't wait to see what she does with them, but I will certainly be sharing pics. 

Todd got home yesterday after playing five tennis matches in four days in the USTA State Championship in Augusta.  His team made it to the finals and lost in third set tie breakers.  If you don't understand tennis scoring, then just know they were close enough to taste the title of State Champions.  And they were pleased.  After driving the three hours back, he was so very sore.  I'm pretty sure that soreness and stiffness will last throughout the week and be a lovely welcome to his 45th year.  Today is his birthday.  Tonight we are having a mini-celebration before going to the girl child's little graduation ceremony from pre-Kindergarten.  The big family celebration will be Saturday night and combined with my Uncle Mike's birthday, since he will be in town.  I will be spending a good four hours in the kitchen making an Italian creme cake for these two deserving men.  I'm looking forward to it!

Today is also the birthday of my good friend Lorelei.  Please stop by her blog HERE and leave your birthday wishes.  I know good things are in store for her this year.  I can feel it!

Tomorrow night I will be back on the torch and making eggs again.  Karyn, you're up next! :D

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I have never seen a turtle that can close up his shell like that!!! That's too cute! He look like he may be a tortoise?

Kella said...

I am so jealous, I want your wildlife in my garden too.

Sounds like its going to be great family filled weekend, those are the best.

Pearl and Pebble said...

mmmm Italian Creme Cake.....I so heart Italian Creme Cake!!! And I love your new friend Kelley! He's gorgeous! His colors look like the tones in that fabulous egg you posted yesterday!

Silver Parrot said...

Awesome turtle pics. Coming next...turtle BEADS! Right?

Unknown said...

You had a beautiful visitor. Turtle beads could be fun...

Tabitha W. said...

your yard is quickly becoming an amazon! love mr turtle :)

italian creme cake on my birthday? you shouldn't have! oh, and happy birthday todd ;)

Karyn said...

Oh my he is adorable - much cuter than the last one!

Ohhhh ohhhh I can't wait to see my beads - I see I am next!

Be sure to drop by my blog as I have left something special for you and I promise it has nothing to do with turtles!!

Karyn

Amy F said...

That teeny little tail is so cute I may melt from the adorableness!

Unknown said...

Sarah, I'm waiting on Tabitha to tell me what kind of reptile in a shell this guy is. You know she knows every genus and species there is in the South!

Tari, I (stupidly) acted as the Quality Control checker while making the Italian Creme Cake today and got a stomach ache. That position should only be filled by someone who has more than a reasonable amount of self-control. Today, that was not me. But the cake was sooooooo goooooood :) We have some leftovers if you think you can make it down by tomorrow, but after that it will be gone ;)

KJ, you need to go to another shop for turtle beads. Mallory, Marcy, Lauren and Gelly are all excellent lampworkers of critter beads. I'll send you links if you're interested.

CD, I LOVED his little tail. I would have squeezed it and petted it if he wasn't so shy!!!

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails