I made fewer than 30 beads this weekend. Not the same rockin & rollin weekend I had a week ago when I made almost 90. I had the time, but I was dizzy and fighting off a little head cold turning sinus infection.
So here you go. A dozen little raku rounds that Lorelei asked me to make similar to the raku eggs I've made in the past. I got these done first.
Then I wanted to see what the raku would look like swirled in other colors and tried teal, purple, topaz, pale aqua and grassy green. I think the green is my favorite and I want to make more of those. But for now, I'll just list these together as a mixed set within the next day or two.
I think I like the raku swirled to the exteriors on half and the transparent glass on the other half, like in my Gemini cubes. Those are definitely on my mental To Do list to make more.
Thanks to the folks who asked questions and left comments on the last couple of posts. I'm working on getting those set up for you guys. So be on the lookout for posts on how I decide what beads to make and color selection, what the glass looks like and how I work it, as well as one very gratuitous Dylan post (Melissa, I took my camera with me on our walk today to get extra pics of Little Horse!)
6 comments:
all beautiful, but, that greeny bluey green is just fantastic!
Woo Hoo! I'll be watching for those pics :) I went to a dog show this weekend just to get my fill of GP leaning at their booth (I actually had to wait until someone else came along who wanted to slip into my place to support most of his body weight as he leaned on me!).
Love the first set of beads for Lorelei!
They are both gorgeous, love the Gemini cubes too. Thanks to share you beauties Kelley.
The beads are beautiful! And I can't wait to see the Dylan post!
Beautiful!!
Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to getting back on the torch and making more :)
Post a Comment