Something to Ponder

What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others - Pericles

!NEXT SHOP UPDATE!

more beads coming in November. and there will be eggs!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Christmas in June

UPS brought Christmas in June for me on Friday of last week!




A thank you note, candies AND goats poo!




Ten pounds of glass all wrapped up in two bundles with saran wrap.  A little frit in some baggies.  And more mud (YAY!  I was running low!)




All unwrapped & ready to be put away in my glass cabinet for replacement colors and next to my torch for the new colors to try out!



I bought several new Double Helix colors that I haven't tried before, but I only played with Gaia.  She is pretty!  In rod form, she is a dark transparent green....but get her in the fire and she does all kinds of fun things!  Below you can see what she does on top of clear, on ivory and encased under clear.



And on a black worry stone under layers of clear.  This one took me close to 45 minutes to make.  It is bigger/heavier than any of my others and I really like the shape, as well as the rainbow texture on top.  



Can you tell I was in heaven playing on my torch all of Saturday afternoon while Todd watched the kids?  Wendy even came over and played on the torch with me, which was really nice to have her company!

I spent all of Sunday morning & most of the afternoon at Wendy's making jewelry.  Pics/blog to come of that later!

3 comments:

Metallo Bianco Jewelry said...

Goats poo??? I am guessing that is the mud?? YUK! :)

Unknown said...

well, that's what I call it because I'm just fascinated with goats. but it is pronounced more like 'ghost poo' or 'goessss poo'. it is the styrofoam packing pellet thingies. :)

the other name for mud for lampworkers is bead release

Unknown said...

I cracked up when I read "goats poo"! Too funny! I just love a good mail day :)

I Just HAD to Share This!

Related Posts with Thumbnails